2005fpw 5 dead pixels to many?

Elderblaze

Limp Gawd
I just got a June A02 its got very minor backlight leakage and 5 stuck lit pixels. Im happy with it, but I don't know if I should do a return. How does dell go about returns on monitors, do they cross ship? or am I gonna be without a monitor for a few days? And this thing has no service tag either, I'd rather not talk to dell on the phone as I've heard that sucks. Someone mentioned to go thru dell chat?

I was just on Dell online chat for about 2 hours and I got sick of it. All I wanted to do was exchange but it took so damn long I think I'll just hold onto it for now. I guess that's one way of making your customers hold on to their products.

I would suggest, however if you are unhappy with it(5 dead pixels can be distracting) to go ahead and try and return.

Shadow300z said:
I was just on Dell online chat for about 2 hours and I got sick of it. All I wanted to do was exchange but it took so damn long I think I'll just hold onto it for now. I guess that's one way of making your customers hold on to their products.

I would suggest, however if you are unhappy with it(5 dead pixels can be distracting) to go ahead and try and return.

I got 0 dead/stuck pixels and minor backlight leakage... I heard that they do cross ship, so technically you should get your replacement before you send your old one back... (i think, haven't done it myself just read of others who have)

you paid the money for it, I'd rma it for the pixels (unless you are without it for a few days, I know I couldn't bear being without mine as well... going back to that 15'' lcd... :eek: :( )

I heard if you take a finger and gently message the screen where the dead pixel is it may go away. Anyone heard of this?

JustinSane said:
I heard if you take a finger and gently message the screen where the dead pixel is it may go away. Anyone heard of this?

I have heard that as well. However, I haven't been able to test it seeing how my 2005fpw has no dead pixels. :D

JustinSane said:

Dead pixels tend to go away often by themselves anyways. Ive been in monitor sales for a while before, and people claimed massaging the screen lightly helped, but it really doesnt.

Theres a screen "refresher" we run on returned LCD's. It passes a high contrast black/white/colors across the screen for about 5 hours, with varying intensity. More often than not, itll clear a stuck pixel, but if its just a dead pixel, youre probably out of luck.
I couldnt tell you whats it called, just some in-house screensaver someone here wrote, not sure if I could get it to you.

But, a trick I see all the time people use to return an LCD is to claim power supply issues. Theyre hard to test, since it takes hours for them to appear, and its truly common enough that its a legitimate problem.
Just tell Dell or whoever the powersupply cuts out sometimes, or overheats, or squeals.
Dont ask me why, but they seem to -always- put shoddy power supplies with LCDs right now.
YMMV

Shadow300z said:

Yeah, here is a partial transcript from a recent online chat:

Me: Yes, I would like to return my 2001fp

CSR: Thank you dear customer for letting us serve you. Most respected customer. Please return the lamp to {return address].

Me: But, I am not returning a lamp. You don't sell lamps do you.

CSR: I love lamp. I love carpet.

Me: Excuse me?

CSR: No, please excuse me dear respected customer that we cherish with all our cherishable heart. Thank you most heartedly for your continued business left forearm.

Me: I don't understand

CSR: Thank you. One moment please. So you wish to purchase another 2001fp. Do you wish to use the same credit card number, dear cherished customer?

Me: No I would like to return my 2001fp.

CSR: Thank you dear customer. I returned to my home in the Philippines just month after the terrible tsunami.
--------------------------------------------------

You wonder why the Dells are so cheap?

JustinSane said:
This worked for a few of the pixels on my LCD, but not all. I still have one white stuck/dead. The others were stuck at blue or green and went away with the slightest bit of pressure using a tissue and a fingertip.

1 dead pixel is to much return it.

No Kevlarman the transcript was not real. As far as Dell support goes they have always done right by me. Plus in the last month I have gotten
2. $100.00 , 2. $75.00 ,3. $50.00 and 2. $35 Concession coupons.

So I have gotten a ton of stop very cheap now how can that be bad tech support. :) . You guy's that always knock Dell need to read around some forums and learn how to turn their mistake into you benifit.

Always use Dell email support. If you can thats the easist way its a little longer but that leaves a paper trial and you get much better results then Chat which works about half the time. Email is almost 100%.

Go4hunter do they offer those coupons for all the hassel and troubles you've had by rmaing ur monitor??

Yes for the Viewsonic Which had the Bad USB hubs they gave me a
$100 conssesion coupon.

I got a $35 coupon today for buying the Dell 2005 for $389.00. I emailed Dell support and asked for a price Adjustment the gave me a coupon instead which is ok now I will buy something for my Axim that I wanted for almost nothing. :)

Here is todays email xxxx outs in certion places.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for accepting the coupon. I am glad to provide you the coupon code.

The value of your concession coupon is: $35.00

Your concession coupon code is: NXXXXXXXXX3

The coupon can be applied to online order at Dell.com Home Section only for new parts or system purchases (not for refurbished items or system purchases). The coupons are not stackable. Only one coupon can be applied to an order. The coupon is valid for purchases till 03-01-2006. The coupon can be applied to any order worth greater than or equal to the coupon value.

Please select the item you wish to order at Dell.com Home section and when you reach the cart, you will see a box where the coupon will need to be entered. Enter the coupon code and click on Apply Coupon to have $35.00 deducted from your order price.

I request you to follow the below mentioned steps to apply discount coupons to your order.

1) Please select any product the you wish to purchase click on ?proceed to cart and checkout?
2) On the next web page you will see a column to enter coupon number. Please enter the coupon number and click on ?apply coupon?. This will reduce the price of your purchase by the discounted value of the coupon.
3) If you have another coupon, you may apply the after the first discount coupon has been applied to your order.

You are always welcome to write back to me at any point of time regarding your concerns and I promise to provide you with resolution which brings a smile on your face and with the best customer experience you have ever had with Dell.

Your case number for this interaction is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to visit our online Customer Care Center at:

You cant stack them but the do come in handie. I got Warcraft 3 collector set for $3 and Halflive 2 Collector set DVD for $5.

Stuff like that.

Kevlarman said:
QFT!

Was that transcript real, Greenwit? If so, that's very sad. :(

No, but I spent numerous online chat sessions with them in the course of two exchanges and their ability to communicate is so bad I can only look back and laugh. During this time though, I was p*ssed as h*ll. They attempted to charge me a restocking fee (had to speak to a manager to get that fixed), they dispatched several requests to UPS to pick up one package at both my home and work, they gave the UPS people wrong pickup addresses, and more stuff I just as soon forget. Just a terrible experience. I've seen nothing close. I will say this though.....through it all they were very courteous. They even gave me a small discount on my next purchase.

You people that return LCD's for 1 bad pixel make me laugh. All that shit does is drive prices up for everyone else. I've got 5 and im having a hard time deciding if I should return it, it's so beatiful in every other way I'd almost feel bad for sending it back. 5 bad pixels is about a 00001% failure rate or somthing absurd like that. It bothers me that this bothers other people so much more then the actual pixels bother me. If that makes any sense. The main thing holding me back is I've never returned anything to dell or purchased from them before, and I hear it's alot of hassle, plus the one I get might be worse then this one, does dell cross ship? Where exactly on the account page is the tech support email I should use to get an RMA?

TIA,
Mike

Edit: I can't find a service tag anywhere on this thing, everything at dells site requires a damn service tag. They don't make this process to intuitive.Also can I keep both of them and see which one is better then send the lesser of the two back ?

My policy is, if they cant speak fluent english, ask for someone who can, they're usually 6 ft away from the person you're talking to lol

Elderblaze said:
Edit: I can't find a service tag anywhere on this thing, everything at dells site requires a damn service tag. They don't make this process to intuitive.Also can I keep both of them and see which one is better then send the lesser of the two back ?

Hehe. No service tag on the monitors. That gets alot of people. To answer your second point, yes, you can compare the monitors since you get to keep the one you have until the replacement arrives. I think you get 5 days to send it back.

Heh, i wonder how many people have sent theirs back, got a second one and had 2 to play with for a few days and decided to buy another lol. The irony.

I can't even get into the dell chat without a service tag. Guess i'll have to email.

Edit: Lol WTF man, can't email without a goddamn service tag either. Great now I get to listen to some indian mofo ont he phone for hours.

I got into online chat with no problems. You just need your customer number and order number for any kind of business with Dell IIRC.

when I entered my customer an dorder number it said we have determined your not a DHL custmoer please use these other means of contact.. I called them and talked to Harmeet (real name) for about an hour. She gave me the run around trying to say it was my video card. I explained to her that it was a defect in the monitor and it was common and I was not satisfied. She talked to superivsor for 5 minutes and sent me a new one.

Regards,
Mike

Back