2005 vs 2007 ? 12ms -> 16ms !?

It's just the way they measured it. The 2005, if I remember, was originally 16 ms, then Dell changed the way they measured response time on it so they could claim it was 12 ms (and dropped the specified response time to that number). I guess now they are back to their honest ways?
 
The 2007WFP specs dont list wether or not the 16ms time is black -white

The 12ms is probably grey to grey on the 2005.. i had a 2005.. i didnt really see any ghosting.

Mind you a g-g time of 6ms is pretty damn fast, sure some monitors bost 3ms.. but realistically ive been on monitors with 12ms for awhile, 12ms being black-white as on my current 17" dell..

I just ordered a 2007WFP.. and have a 2005FPW sitting here becuase they shipped me the wrong one.....but yeah... I would imagine you would want to go with the 2007WFP if you will take the price difference.. image quality and contrast is superior, as well as the cute design.
 
Doesn't the 2007 use an AS-IPS panel like the 2405 vs. the 2005's PVA?
 
both 2007/2005 are sips panels

2405 is pva i believe, not positive.. hes not asking about 2405 though :)
 
The contrast ratio should be 800:1 for the 2007WFP and it should be a S-IPS.

I'd take the numbers with a grain of salt. Differences in response time for IPS panels seem nil compared to VA panels. I can't really tell the difference between a Dell 1800FP(30ms IPS) and a 2005FPW(16ms S-IPS) unless put right next to each other, but it's much more significant for a VA panel.
 
i'll be able to tell you tomorrow as Ill have a 2007WFP and a 2005FPW side by side.
 
so what is the verdict? you guys think they are actually the same when it comes to refresh rate so that the 07 is better than the 05 basically across the board?
 
dude you posted that at 4am, UPS isnt that good lol.. im still waiting on it and its 1045
 
Back
Top