2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea the game loses its difficulty once you've played it a bit, after that it doesn't really matter what difficulty it's at. But doesn't change the fact those mechs are a bitch on any difficulty. As soon as you enter their FOV or fire a shot their launch 5 missiles your way. .its a pain.

locutus24 said:
fear trying to see if i can do it on extreme difficulty isnt to hard actually

oh yea and two things,

1- awesome job driving a rail through that guys head, i loved doing that and crucifying half the squads i came across.

2- you have to agree, dinner tables are the ultimate addon for any workstation setup. I've used mine for everything from a keyboard tray, to a monitor stand, and even used two to maek a complete workstation when my desk was busted. It's just such a nifty device.

This is my area after I moved since hurriane Katrina.
DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

I have been having much fun reading this thread from start to finish for the past week so I figured I would register and post my own setup here at UMBC.

Click for a bigger one.

I'm a senior 3D animation/Computer Science student. The computer is a Dual 2.8GHz Xeon with 2GB RAM and a GeForce 6800GT. The screen is a ViewSonic VX800. The speakers are Logitech something or other, I've seen a lot of them as I browse.

I animate, render, game, watch TV, etc on that computer. Other than the chair the furniture is provided by the university and is probably older than I am. There isn't anything interesting behind me (not in the picture); just a dresser with the 5th speaker and other misc junk on it.

Sold all of them but four to pay for my new pc. The eyes on the floor are all "broken" ps2 eyes that I am repairing and going to sell on ebay.

TSS Modder said:
hey cheese: why all of the xbox stuff?

I still don't get it. What are those Xbox boxes on the left? They look like hard drive, and how come you have so many of them?

Renswic said:
been reading this thread for a while now and just now found the cable to my cam, dont mind the mess, it took some searching for hte cable, sorry if teh pics are to big, i dont know how to resize them

(pics)

not much, but its my space, ill take pics of the other wall behind me where my books and DVDs live when that side is clean

I'm assuming you don't have a girlfriend. I think my girl would have an aneurysm if I decorated our house with any star wars memorabilia.

On the bright side though, the Blues Brothers poster was allowed to stay. Perks of dating someone from Chicago. :)

my new setup

new dual viewsonic vx724's

no holiday workstation is complete without santa

the server

my baby

its fun to work with, but im still working it out

stephen2002 said:
I have been having much fun reading this thread from start to finish for the past week so I figured I would register and post my own setup here at UMBC.

Click for a bigger one.

I'm a senior 3D animation/Computer Science student. The computer is a Dual 2.8GHz Xeon with 2GB RAM and a GeForce 6800GT. The screen is a ViewSonic VX800. The speakers are Logitech something or other, I've seen a lot of them as I browse.

I animate, render, game, watch TV, etc on that computer. Other than the chair the furniture is provided by the university and is probably older than I am. There isn't anything interesting behind me (not in the picture); just a dresser with the 5th speaker and other misc junk on it.

that pic is tight

Its samsung dvd drives. They sell for 40 to 140 dollars on ebay. They are the only drives that read all forms of media on an xbox. I order brand new thomson drives to put in systems when I repair them and I repair the samsung drives if they need to be fixed and sell them on ebay. I use to work for a video game company and I was incharge of the repair department. Since hte hurricane I moved to Falls Church, VA and I work for a pawn shop doing repairs on random electronics and I also mod xboxes on the side for people.

Happy Hopping said:
I still don't get it. What are those Xbox boxes on the left? They look like hard drive, and how come you have so many of them?

jerb said:
on your desk to the right of the pic, is that bottle of isopropyl alcochol or a bottle of lube (ky?) :eek:

lol its isopropyl, i was using it to clean my bass strings :p :rolleyes:

2005 comes and goes and this thread is coming to an end unless someone changes it to 2006 Post your workstation.

I guess w/ new CPU coming out each month, a bit faster on one workstation doesn't really mean much to me. So how would you rate who has the best workstation in this 2005 thread? I usually go by how many 24" they have on their desk.

Happy Hopping said:
2005 comes and goes and this thread is coming to an end unless someone changes it to 2006 Post your workstation.

I guess w/ new CPU coming out each month, a bit faster on one workstation doesn't really mean much to me. So how would you rate who has the best workstation in this 2005 thread? I usually go by how many 24" they have on their desk.
A new thread will be made for 2006, I'm sure. As for who has the best....ehh, I dunno....I cast a vote for...ehh, myself I guess! :D :p Seriously, though, there are too many good workstations to narrow it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back