2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
mutazx said:
How'd you know I work for SBC? ;) (These remotes are part of my side-job though...)

New setup to stay on topic..

newdesktop.jpg
dude, you have the same exact phone system as we do don't you? Uniden? came with 1 main phone and 2 extra phones. nice.

Kaiga said:
dude, you have the same exact phone system as we do don't you? Uniden? came with 1 main phone and 2 extra phones. nice.

I have the same one too actually... mine came with 1 main, and 1 extra handset with a charger. probably the smallest phone out there under $100...

elite.mafia said:
I have the same one too actually... mine came with 1 main, and 1 extra handset with a charger. probably the smallest phone out there under $100...
hahahaha i have the same one too! i have 1 main and 2 extra

mine is 2.4ghz... how much did u pay for yours? just making sure i didn't get ripped off...

Yep - 2.4Ghz... I got the base and one (in the pic) extra handset. Had them a year or more, it was $90-ish back then.

I think you guys got ripped off big time. Mine is 2.4GHz, we got one Main and 2 extras with chargers in the pack for $90 at Sam's Club. ($89.99) and they came with head sets and belt clips.

Which sharp lcd is that? Looks really nice and clean the way you have it installed. How much did you give for it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks, Joe

26" i got it for 1200 brand new, sealed. 1460 with the arm, some component cables, a DVI cable so i can use it as my monitor, etc.

AOM said:
Which sharp lcd is that? Looks really nice and clean the way you have it installed. How much did you give for it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks, Joe

Kaiga said:
I think you guys got ripped off big time. Mine is 2.4GHz, we got one Main and 2 extras with chargers in the pack for $90 at Sam's Club. ($89.99) and they came with head sets and belt clips.
we got the same deal at Costco!

@ target i got the base and a handset for $79.97 + tax, of course
gotta love how they do those numbers :O

kidicarus74 said:
posted a while back at the old apartment, figured a new duplex and lots of new gear deserved a new post, so here goes:

1.jpg

the home office, where the work after work and most the gaming gets done
-1st rig in signature, development/gaming rig

not bad for a 22 year old, huh

I think I have the same speakers. is that altec lansing speakers?

Kaiga said:

I almost put this in my post, but wasn't 100% sure of the rules abotu quoting prices etc. A friend of mine got this recently, but like I said, mine is maybe two years old now. Good phone though!

closet 002.jpg

My computers in my closet to save space. Just finished building this closet unit about a week ago.

julyccc said:
I think I have the same speakers. is that altec lansing speakers?

yep, they're altecs... good 5.1 speakers for how little i paid for 'em 2 years ago...

fibroptikl said:
What do you do?

I'm a software developer by day and I own my own professional home theater consulting/installation firm by night... started setting up peoples home stereos ad tvs in high school and it kinda ballooned from there. at this point it's not really worth it to do a buildout for anything under $10,000 (component-wise of course)

sdat1333 said:
closet 002.jpg

My computers in my closet to save space. Just finished building this closet unit about a week ago.

please get a new chair. that stool hurts my back just watching it

yah i will once i find a chair tall enough, I built this thing with my next case ( a full tower) in mind. Actually (and amazingly) its pretty comfortable

kidicarus74 said:
posted a while back at the old apartment, figured a new duplex and lots of new gear deserved a new post, so here goes:

1.jpg

the home office, where the work after work and most the gaming gets done
-1st rig in signature, development/gaming rig

2.jpg

another angle of my wireless desk and the new (only 2 days old) 2005fpw, you can see the 27" Sony Wega with all my old school consoles in the background

3.jpg

the mobile workstation, IBM ThinkPad T42, my personal favorite laptop of all time

4.jpg

the home theater, my pride and joy
-Samsung 56" DLP TV, Yamaha 7.1 RVX-1500 A/V Receiver, Deneon 2910 Upconverting DVD Player, DefTech BP2006 BiPolar Array floorstanding speakers (w/ active 250W subs) for front L/R, DefTech Mythos 7 center, DefTech BPX1.2 BiPolar surround L/R speakers, and DefTech Mythos Gems for the Surround Back L/R, modded xbox (of course), Motorola HD PVR cable box, series 2 tivo modded w/ 250 gig HD

5.jpg

my new toy, Logitech Harmony 880 remote w/ color screen, turned 6 archaic remotes into one incredibly simple interface

not bad for a 22 year old, huh

I'm just wondering if you can use actually use the harmony remote with the Dell monitor?

yes and no... you can't use it with the 2005fpw directly (since there is no IR receiver on it and it's just a monitor without a tuner anyway)... but it works with most Media Center PC IR receivers as far as i can tell...

i'd get a htpc to slap into my theater, but with the 2 PVR's (the tivo and the digital cable box) and the modded xbox (with XBox Media Center) i just don't think i'd ever use it

like your setup srgt.strider. I like the speakers you have setting next to the big screen you have what kinds are those?

MrSlacker said:
we got the same deal at Costco!
nice, but man, I tell, don't shop at Sam's, yil man i tell you these people mess you around. buy anything defective from them its a hassle to return anything. and they really need to be careful on where they put their crap becuase I had to dig around to find the phone system because they were in a cardboard stand that looks like if you look at it hard enough it will break, that explains why we had to return ours and get a replacement set of phones because the one we had must have been dropped. bottom line Sam has cheap stuff but the place sucks and risky buys.

back to the subject.

Nothing impressive here... Just got the dual monitor thing going so I Thought I'd bump this thread by posting. :D

Sgt_Strider said:
Kaiga said:
like your setup srgt.strider. I like the speakers you have setting next to the big screen you have what kinds are those?
I think you got the wrong guy, lol..
lol, crap, my bad, that's kidicarus74's
setup. oops. well then kidicarus, I like the speakers you have setting next to the big screen you have what kinds are those?

sdat1333 said:
yah i will once i find a chair tall enough, I built this thing with my next case ( a full tower) in mind. Actually (and amazingly) its pretty comfortable

what are those 2 white color rectangle slightly at an angle on both side of the pic.? It's too small, can't see it.

Kaiga said:
lol, crap, my bad, that's kidicarus74's
setup. oops. well then kidicarus, I like the speakers you have setting next to the big screen you have what kinds are those?

They're Definitive Technology BP2006's... they stand about 3.5, maybe 4 feet tall... bipolar array speakers (drivers on the front and the back) with four 6" mids and two 2" tweeters per speaker as well as a powered 12" 250watt sub in each... originally they retailled for $1000 a piece, but if you can find em you can prolly snatch up a pair for just under $1k

Well, first off, I always make my own desk, just like the freedom of space I guess. After moving in I go to Home Depot and from 20-25 bux I can make a nice 8'x4' desk, or bigger. Plus I make them cut it to the shape of the room, which helped in some places. I lived in 4 country and moved about 32 times, so esthetics are something I forgot about long long time ago. From reading this thread in the last couple of months I'm prepared to get flak for it :D

So here we go, this is my living room, although I'd rarely call it "living"
01_livingroom.jpg

Two monitors right now, I'm hoping I can get some more 22'' or bigger for cheap, CRT of course, I never had space issues.
02_monitors.jpg

Random machines, specs are really gimpy, the best is like a FX-53 garbage in the Antec case in the middle.
03_machines.jpg

Now, I know some of you really like wiremanagement, so here is my version of it :eek:
04_wirelove.jpg

Some of my DVDs
06_dvd.jpg

Since I moved to this place my games are all over the place, most of them are in those Dell boxes which you can barely see in the DVD picture, but this is what they looked like about 2 years ago, obviously, I got some more since then.
05_games.jpg

wow, i never saw so many real PC games, its like u own a EB games, lol. those CASES r HUGE!!! haha, i wanna see the rest of your house, do you build custom kitchens too ;) ?

chronic9 said:
wow, i never saw so many real PC games, its like u own a EB games, lol. those CASES r HUGE!!! haha, i wanna see the rest of your house, do you build custom kitchens too ;) ?

What can I say, I never liked pirating games, so I started buying my first ones in 1994 or so. Maybe even earlier, I can't remember which was the first. I think I have close to 400 boxes or so.

And that's pretty much where I live right now, renting a basement in a house, that's about half the living room, there is a bedroom with a queen size bed and that's about it. All I do is play games and work, people annoy me nowadays, so it's rare that friends can get me outta the house.

FrozenChaos said:
AndyZaft, did you call an FX-53 garbage? :eek:

Heh, maybe that was a bit rough :cool: But I assume everybody here has like 2 boxes with dual core CPUs in them by now, I'm always behind in times, the day I got my FX-53, the FX-55 was released, that was like the one time when I was almost up to date with my hardware :D

AndyZaft said:
Heh, maybe that was a bit rough :cool: But I assume everybody here has like 2 boxes with dual core CPUs in them by now, I'm always behind in times, the day I got my FX-53, the FX-55 was released, that was like the one time when I was almost up to date with my hardware :D
Well, i bet you got a good price for the FX-53 vs a FX-55.

I just came form a P3 800Mhz computer. Anyone who says a AMD FX-53 is .... something to be joked at.... is eaither rich, or......................... well, rich. ^_^ (j/k)

Is that big brown thing under your table a foot rest? I like it.

this is my setup as it is right now. You'll see my somewhat ghetto case cooling for my craptastic dell i hope to sell. Also this crap desk since i dont have one at the moment i hope to get an ikea jerker sometime soon. Sorry if the pics are to big hope there not.
PICT0233.jpg

PICT0234.jpg

PICT0235.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

PICT0239.jpg

PICT0240.jpg

lol i know right two hdds are to much for a freaking dell since they dont have that many fans. Shard going from cpu out so no exaust in back and psu fan but it sucks teh nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back