2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took this like 2 hours ago:

hobbesdesk2005.jpg

I always like seein' someone with a wallpaper that matches their cases lighting scheme......I'm afraid i havnet bothered with that though. :p

ok i'm confused. That pic looks kinda like a real pic toon'd but then again almost looks like somthing taken out of a game. :confused:

cornelious,
yea it does suck :(

A few things have changed since the 2004 thread. I've added a couple more systems, shuffled monitors around and am currently trying to make space for a full-fledged 42U rack complete with side panels, rear door & front door.

Without further adu...

Main System (The FX-55) & Thinkpad - Without Flash (and much more realistic looking):
merlin2.jpg

Extension Cabinet (Centre: P4 3400 @ 3600, Right: P4 3200 @ 3600, Cabinet: Crapload of extra parts):
europacorona.jpg

Brothers System (XP2500 @ 3200+, LanBoy with completed mods now & another bulging parts shelf):
intrigue.jpg

There are other systems & networking equipment, but in order to keep monthly bandwidth bills from staggering up, I've had to clip their pics from this thread :(

Will have a new 4U rackmount dual MP 2400+ server setup shortly... just waiting on the case & CPU's to arrive. :)

2005 Expansions: Addition of 2-3 more dual systems in rackmount cases. :)

Why the pink walls & heart border? Here's the deal: The walls stay pink... I get to keep adding systems. It's a small price to pay :)

Simguy,
I've been looking for a desk like that for a while.
Where'd ya pick it up at?

mobiux said:
Simguy,
I've been looking for a desk like that for a while.
Where'd ya pick it up at?

Got mine @ The Brick (not sure if the US has them, but they are a big furnature store).

Staples/Business Depot sells them too.

The desk & cabinet are from the same collection, but are sold as seperate pieces. There are other pieces to it as well and all are available in 2 finishes (the Satin Cherry like my desk, or a lighter Maple finish).

Links @ Staples.ca:

O'Sullivan Intelligent Designs Computer Workstation
Storage Cabinet
Lateral Filing Cabinet
Bookcase

cornelious0_0 said:
I always like seein' someone with a wallpaper that matches their cases lighting scheme......I'm afraid i havnet bothered with that though. :p
Heh, most of the time mine doesn't.

Hobbes874 said:
Heh, most of the time mine doesn't.

Yeah, well if I ever go back to single lighting theme in my case I would consider finding a theme and wallpaper for windows that matched it....but its kinda tough with my case having blue LED fans, green LED's in the PSU fan and OTES, and bright red LED on the mobo. :rolleyes:

If I can cover up that red LED (basically a little diode on teh board, not an actual LED) then I might just switch my LED fans over and go all green in my case.....haven't decided yet.

JD_LiVe said:
[ IMG]http://robertdcarter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Images/room.JPG[/IMG]

nice, clean setup, man! I have the same case as you!
(except mine is black, and I hate it with a passion)

cornelious0_0 said:
cyclonend, kudos on the Z-560's....I loved mine....but I'll have my new Z-5500's soon enough. :D

Also, I'm assuming you're either using a KVM for the other comps or they're just there to fold 24/7 or something. :p
..yea z-560s rocked... mine died the other day .. had to go to bestbuy and wait in return line :( and THIER COMPUTERS WENT DOWNN!!!! took 50 minutes for the whole process... gawd
now i got Klipsch Promedia 5.1 :D

Dudeyourlame said:
..yea z-560s rocked... mine died the other day .. had to go to bestbuy and wait in return line :( and THIER COMPUTERS WENT DOWNN!!!! took 50 minutes for the whole process... gawd
now i got Klipsch Promedia 5.1 :D

Nice stuff.....although I'm going with the Z-5500's for the multiple inputs it supports and because they save me about $140 over the Klipsch....on which I'd then have to spend another $100+ to "gain" those inputs.....not really woth it IMO....but I'm no audiophile...so I guess I'm maybe not the best person to be critiquing.....but $250 is $250.....and from everything I've heard the two speakers are fairly neck and neck.

Don't get me wrong though, if i HAD teh cash I would go with the Klipsch....but Logitech is hitting a much ncier price point with the 5500's and they still kick ass.

/rant

yea, areon chairs are pretty well prices there. Should be able to get one for about 400~450

cornelious0_0 said:
Nice stuff.....although I'm going with the Z-5500's for the multiple inputs it supports and because they save me about $140 over the Klipsch....on which I'd then have to spend another $100+ to "gain" those inputs.....not really woth it IMO....but I'm no audiophile...so I guess I'm maybe not the best person to be critiquing.....but $250 is $250.....and from everything I've heard the two speakers are fairly neck and neck.

Don't get me wrong though, if i HAD teh cash I would go with the Klipsch....but Logitech is hitting a much ncier price point with the 5500's and they still kick ass.

/rant

tottaly argee with you on that one.. but where i bought my z-560s was at bestbuy.. and when i went there to return them i decided i ddint want the z-5300'.. not as powerful.. and Bestbuy is dumb and dont sell the z-5500's :| so i payed the difference for the Klipsch.. and those new logitechs to me suck for one reason = HARDWIRED!!! YUCK

Dudeyourlame said:
tottaly argee with you on that one.. but where i bought my z-560s was at bestbuy.. and when i went there to return them i decided i ddint want the z-5300'.. not as powerful.. and Bestbuy is dumb and dont sell the z-5500's :| so i payed the difference for the Klipsch.. and those new logitechs to me suck for one reason = HARDWIRED!!! YUCK

I can understand your reason for switching.....but there are still a lot of "aftermarket" hardwired RCA style cables that you can buy.....and in my case (where I dont have a LOT of wiring to do) I'm actually pleased with the change....time saved cutting/clamping speaker cable in behind that sub. :p

To each his own I guess.....now what do ya say we at least try and get back on topic. ;)

i wonder if its a good idea to have the sub right next to his comp.

flat4 said:
i wonder if its a good idea to have the sub right next to his comp.

I'm assuming being Klipsch that it's shield properly....but I still wouldn't have something with a magnet that large a foot or less away from my hard drive.....hell, I make sure that I've got about 4 feet between my case and any sub that I ever have. ;)

magnets have no effect on hard drives till you hit the 1 tesla or so rating. No sub in the world even comes close. MRI scanners get to about 1~1.5 tesla

STRESSTEST said:
magnets have no effect on hard drives till you hit the 1 tesla or so rating. No sub in the world even comes close. MRI scanners get to about 1~1.5 tesla

So then you're saying that this whole thing about having unshielded speakers and subs next to cases has been completely blown out of proportion all this time?

cornelious0_0 said:
So then you're saying that this whole thing about having unshielded speakers and subs next to cases has been completely blown out of proportion all this time?

Yes, according to the MaximumPC article in August 2004, "PC Urban Legends" (p.46). "An unshielded speaker has a magnetic field length of about 1,000 Gauss. A stack of 10,000 Gauss earth magnet atop your HDD would be incapable of causing coercivity."

Mr. Miyagi said:
Yes, according to the MaximumPC article in August 2004, "PC Urban Legends" (p.46). "An unshielded speaker has a magnetic field length of about 1,000 Gauss. A stack of 10,000 Gauss earth magnet atop your HDD would be incapable of causing coercivity."

Well then.....good to know. ;) :)

and i dont listen to that much bass in the first place but yea that sub is a little too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back