2005 Burn IN

Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
538
I've had my Dell for a few months now, and just the other day I noticed that there is something that looks like burn in on the monitor only when the background is gray. It's like a vertical bar that looks like the sides of 2 windows cascaded next to each other.

Is there a way to get rid of this?
 
I just got my 2005fpw about 2 months ago and I already have an image burned in my screen. I have a habit of leaving my monitor on and not using a screensaver, but I thought image burn was a thing of the past. I'm gonna see if by some chance it goes away, and if not then time to send it back to Dell for a replacement.
 
set up energystar power management to shut the monitor off after 15 mins of no use.
 
to make it go away, set the whole screen to white..and leave it on. it's not "burn in" per se..it's called like image persistance or something
 
aznx said:
to make it go away, set the whole screen to white..and leave it on. it's not "burn in" per se..it's called like image persistance or something

while that fix will work if it is indeed a persistant image, it won't if it's not (i.e. it is damaged)
 
I will try the white screen tonight. Hopefully its not permanently damaged since I was lucky to get a 2005 with minimal to no backlight bleeding. BTW, I didn't even think of the energy save feature- gotta set that too.
 
ctamez said:
I will try the white screen tonight. Hopefully its not permanently damaged since I was lucky to get a 2005 with minimal to no backlight bleeding. BTW, I didn't even think of the energy save feature- gotta set that too.

yeah, it's absolutely handy. i hate screen savers, so i just set windows to shut off my monitor and disks at 10 mins and 30 mins respectively
 
m0unds said:
yeah, it's absolutely handy. i hate screen savers, so i just set windows to shut off my monitor and disks at 10 mins and 30 mins respectively
agreed
same here

I have never ever seen a LCD have any kind of burn in. Well, ones in the last few years... 1987 laptops don't count :D
 
my 2005 has burn in but it goes away after flashing the screen... it only happens when you leave bright things sitting for awhile
 
Back
Top