2003 Server Routing/networking issues

Flagg

Limp Gawd
There are four seperate LAN's each has a 2003 box acting as a router (using OSPF) to talk to the othe LANS. There is a proxy that each of the four LANS must use in order to access the internet. In order for all computers within a LAN to access the internet, the router (supposedly ) needs to run ICS. ICS and OSPF don't like each other. ICS blocks all of the IP's within the LAN so OSPF cannot share available networks. So I move ICS to a seperate machine, and under the clients within our LAN I added a second default gateway that points to the ICS box . (so basically each client has two default gateways. One that point to the OSPF router to allow for communications to the other LAN's. The second is pointed towards the ICS machine to allow internet access) THe problem is Windows is too stupid to know which gateway to use. It used whichever gateway is listed first. So if the OSPF router is listed first I can communicate with internal networks, is the ICS machine is listed first, I can access the network but cant see the LANS. Is there a way to have only one gateway and created a static route between the OSPF router and the ICS machine? I hope i desribed this well enough, this a class lab environment so its not a very realistic setup. Anu suggestions are appreciated.

Leave the gateway to the Internet.

Remove the gateway on the internal network.

Goto command prompt and use "Route add x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x internal-router-ip -p"

You say you have OSPF. One of the NICs has to be acting as Area 0. So if that NIC is 10.10.1.1/16 then

"route add 10.10.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 10.10.1.1 -p" would add a route pointing anything that it cannot reach in the 10.10.x.x range to the 10.10.1.1 device. Everything else will go out the default gateway.

Back