BoB-O TiVo
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2004
- Messages
- 147
Hey all,
I just got my new computer put together, using an XFX nVidia 6600 PCIe card. When I hook up my Dell 2001FP via the DVI port, it won't wake up after it has gone to sleep. I can type things in and can tell that the computer is responding (Win-R, "notepad" <enter>, "I am alive", Ctrl+S, "C:\test.txt", <enter>, after reboot the file is there), but the monitor won't wake up.
Anybody else experienced this? Is there a fix, short of turning off power saving?
ETA: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers. I've tried (after a google search) lowering the refresh rate to 59Hz, but that didn't help (or hurt, for that matter). I've found a lot of references indicating that this works much better on ATI cards (which I was using in my old PC) because they use an "Alternate DVI operation mode" and have the option to "Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays".
Thanks,
BoB
I just got my new computer put together, using an XFX nVidia 6600 PCIe card. When I hook up my Dell 2001FP via the DVI port, it won't wake up after it has gone to sleep. I can type things in and can tell that the computer is responding (Win-R, "notepad" <enter>, "I am alive", Ctrl+S, "C:\test.txt", <enter>, after reboot the file is there), but the monitor won't wake up.
Anybody else experienced this? Is there a fix, short of turning off power saving?
ETA: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers. I've tried (after a google search) lowering the refresh rate to 59Hz, but that didn't help (or hurt, for that matter). I've found a lot of references indicating that this works much better on ATI cards (which I was using in my old PC) because they use an "Alternate DVI operation mode" and have the option to "Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays".
Thanks,
BoB