2001FP noise

Zeke

Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
837
Sometimes, though not always, my 2001FP will emit a very quiet, almost scrambling-type sound, there are no errors or physical defects with it that i have seen, the only wrong thing it ever does it that it displays everything up until the desktop boots and it doesn't show that until I turn on and off the monitor again, but I think that's just a ultra mon bug. Is this low scrambling-type noise normal? My brother told me it was.. but is it????

P.S. It doesn't always make the noise, and it doesn't seem to be based on how long the monitor is on for or anything....
 
that noise is not normal.

Also, have you set the "reduce DVI frequency for high res monitors" on?

If not, do so.
 
Do you think by not having that setting on I have damaged the monitor in any way? What exactly does that do in lamen's terms? Should I have "alternate DVI operational mode" on or off?
 
Did you try it on another pc and was this noise there from the day you got it?
 
this noise doesn't happen constantly, and it isn't very loud, I did that reduce DVIfrequency thing, can someone please help me here?
 
the noise is more of just a high-pitch noise now, I hink maybe it makes it only when the monitor has been running for a long time, how long is the warranty on this thing again?
 
I guess since it works fine, unless it breaks in the next three years, near the very end of 3 years I'll RMA it for this noise problem, unless it breaks for some reason before then :D
 
Back
Top