2001 Monolith

Etherea1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
274
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some photos of a case modded to look like the monolith from 2001 space odyssey. I did a quick search of the forums with no results, but I find it hard to believe that nobody has done this before. Any links would be appreciated, thanks!
 
C'mon, you mean to tell me nobody has tried this before? I think it would make for a cool case, just a black, featureless slab, 1:4:9. I guess i'll be the first...will post photos as the build comes along. Any opinions/suggestions? Stay tuned.
 
most lian-li black cases look like one at stock.............
 
You could stack two Corsair 800d's, It would be near life sized!

:)
 
Nice, thanks for the link, lorelei. My intent is to skip the red camera lens, and go a bit bigger, so it has more room presence. I have an all white gaming room with a reflective marble floor, and I think it would look great in it. The fact that I'm a huge sci-fi novel reader helps as well =)
 
Just buy a Lian Li x2000 (ABS 695), mod it, surround it with some tiny Neanderthal figurines, and call it a day. Monolithic mania be satiated.
 
Nice, thanks for the link, lorelei. My intent is to skip the red camera lens, and go a bit bigger, so it has more room presence. I have an all white gaming room with a reflective marble floor, and I think it would look great in it. The fact that I'm a huge sci-fi novel reader helps as well =)

No need to thank me, I love the movie and Arthur C. Clark's books as well. Although I personally favor "Mike" Mycroft over HAL ;)

Anyway, best of luck with your game room; it sounds impressive!

Just buy a Lian Li x2000 (ABS 695), mod it, surround it with some tiny Neanderthal figurines, and call it a day. Monolithic mania be satiated.

Blasphemy I say!
 
I think something like a PC-A71FB would be closer, since its basically a big black box
 
Back
Top