2001 Fp High pitch noise

BlckRaven

Limp Gawd
something odd this morning, One of the dell 2001 fp started to make a very high pitch noise when i turn it on. then the noise goes away slowly. the noise stays for a few seconds. If i turn it off or change input it goes away. I will test later on if its the vga output of my card. by testing it on the DVI or testing it on another comp.

anyone has this prob where the monitor makes a noisy pitch when u tun it on.

I happens on my 2000FP's too. Only happens when the monitor is turned "on". Switching to different inputs turns the monitor "off" if there's no input signal. :)

Pretty normal, hasn't affected performance at all. Sometimes i can hear my CRT's and TV's make the same noise. My guess is a tranformer or something, but you'll have to get an answer from one of the EE guys on these boards. :cool:

the noise goes away after 1 minute or so. Still odd. I would return it. but this monitor only has 1 stuck pixel. I dont want to chance it and get some other bad crap. that would be the second time i return it. cuz last time it was cuz i had 2 deal pixels. now noise. Dell freaking sux !

Originally posted by Tekara
The power transformers are usually the culprit of high-pitched noise problems. Sometimes noise is introduced into your power lines, typically by large TVs and flourescent lights, which can cause other devices like small TVs to start having a very audible high pitched noise (unusually loud or noticeable).

Try finding a new outlet to plug your monitor into to see if the problem goes away. . . preferbly an outlet that's on a different circuit.

Or just use a ups. I have a window unit ac on the same circuit as my 3 computers and 19" and 22" crt and when it kicks on, everything dims for a second. I don't get any kind of noise, but then again I don't have a fp2001 and I my ac isn't introducing noise into the circuit, it just sucks it dry for a split second. Damn 20A circuits :(.

If you get a replacement try the power brick that comes with the replacement before swapping out the LCD panel.

good idea. I will swap power brix. since i have 2 2001fp

I also have UPS. so power line is clean. this dell is just G4y!

2 2001 fp's, Dude your gettin 2 many dells. I would love to have 2, they rock.:)

Back