$200 to spend, how does this look?

Sexual Chocolate

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 25, 2003
Messages
237
From DangerDen

TDX and D5 Combo - $110

From Swiftech

MCB-120 Radbox Revision 2 - $20
MCR220 Radiator - $43
Fittings for Radiator - $2
Micro Res - $15
HydrX Coolant - $2

From Petra

10FT MasterKleer 7/16 Tubing - $5

Total - $197 +shipping.

I would have went with the cheaper Black Ice II Pro Radiator but its OOS.

Anything Im overlooking here?
 
You might as well get the tubing straight from the souce. www.mcmastercarr.com

It will be 10 cents cheaper per foot as well. Of course if petra's will ship for cheaper then that could be the difference maker.
 
McMaster ships FAST. Twice I've placed orders around 3-5PM and got them the next day.
 
I don't know how soon you want to order this stuff but it seems the Black Ice II Pro goes in and out of stock alot. You might want to email DD about it. I ended up going with the x-flow because it was out of stock but when i got everything 5 days later the regular BIP II was back in stock.

I had to mount the rad on the side panel which was a huge pain in the ass. When it comes back in stock I need to order one and change my setup.
 
gadnium said:
I don't know how soon you want to order this stuff but it seems the Black Ice II Pro goes in and out of stock alot. You might want to email DD about it. I ended up going with the x-flow because it was out of stock but when i got everything 5 days later the regular BIP II was back in stock.

I had to mount the rad on the side panel which was a huge pain in the ass. When it comes back in stock I need to order one and change my setup.

Do you think the BIP II Pro is a better radiator than the MCR220? Im not worried about a $7 difference unless Im getting a better product.
 
I think they are pretty much the same radiator in performance.

I went with worm clamps from the local hardware, not the most stylish option. But seems to be the most secure.
 
I ordered the set up above but got the BIP II Pro (they had 1 in stock when I called) and ordered the tubing from MC.

Ill pick up the fans localy since I have a credit at CompUSA and I understand I wont need clamps using the 7/16" tubing on the 1/2" connectors
 
Sexual Chocolate said:
Do you think the BIP II Pro is a better radiator than the MCR220? Im not worried about a $7 difference unless Im getting a better product.

They are essentially the same performance wise. In fact the MCR220 is a tad bit better according to testing by BillA if I remember correctly.
 
Back
Top