• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

200 gig = 130 gigs????

Eocene

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
446
I have a wd hd that is supposed to be 200 gigs... I just did a "clean" install.. reformatting my hd.. I remeber I had to do something before.. How can I get at least a few more gigs from my hd?

BTW: (is there any way to devide the drive if I did not do this before: aka partition).
 
Eocene said:
I have a wd hd that is supposed to be 200 gigs... I just did a "clean" install.. reformatting my hd.. I remeber I had to do something before.. How can I get at least a few more gigs from my hd?

BTW: (is there any way to devide the drive if I did not do this before: aka partition).

Are you using a Win XP orginal release CD?
It can't partition greater than 137GB.
Slipstream SP2 into it and burn a new CD - then it will install at the full 200GB.


 
Didn't you hear?? the IRS re-wrote NTFS and now it takes 33 precent of your disk when you format!! ha... j/k
 
You could also get Partition Magic and use that after installing SP2. That way you can extend your partition to the full capacity of the drive.
 
Back
Top