$200 budget, case and watercooling

jblue42

Limp Gawd
Is there any way? I'd want a DIY, not a retail watercooled case.

I have:

E6600 and stock HSF
ASUS p5W DH Deluxe
2 GB Crucial BallistiX DDR2800
MSI x1900xtx
460W Enermax Whisper II

I'd like to watercool the x1900 as well... if possible

not with $200 no. Unless you found a case that comes with CPU, GPU waterblock, a radiator and a pump with all the tubing installed, no.

$200 for a DIY watercooling kit? maybe...but not with GPU + Case.

BIP 120 - 20$ Used.
Danger Den MAG II - LE - 40$ new .
TDX Waterblock socket 775 - 40$ Used.
Tubing and Tline 10$.

As you can see the most basic WC setup is going to cost you about 110$. Tack on a waterblock for the X1900 card... And a case? Not going to happen.

What kind of cases do you like? Sleek or Gamer

(PS it's not hotlinking, it's free advertising :) )

the problem is, any case that's gonna allow you to mount a 240 radiator is gonna be at least 100$.

I recommend the Aerocool Masstige... Honestly, it's an amazing watercooling case, and depending on how many bays you need (like CD roms and stuff) it'll let you mount a full 240mm radiator without having to do any cutting.

Anyways, on Froogle.com it can be had for less than 100$ + shipping... From lots of places.

Then, building on what I said above...

BIP 220 - 30$ Used.
Swiftech MCP655 or Danger Den D5 pump... 50 used.
Swiftech MCW60 + ramsinks = 60 new.
Tubing and Tline 15$. (Masterkleer Tubing)
2x Yate Loon fans 8$ at Jab-tech.com (4$ each)

This is going to cost you about 300$ for the case, the system and the blocks.

By used, I mean go on the FS/FT forum and buy these things used from other members... People give great deals on used watercooling equipment, and my "used" quotes are usually high.

Arcygenical said:
BIP 120 - 20$ Used.
Danger Den MAG II - LE - 40$ new .
Tubing and Tline 10$.

As you can see the most basic WC setup is going to cost you about 110$. Tack on a waterblock for the X1900 card... And a case? Not going to happen.

What kind of cases do you like? Sleek or Gamer

(PS it's not hotlinking, it's free advertising :) )
That is the worst watercooling loop I've ever seen. Might give someone new to WC the idea that any of those components are good. Except for maybe the BIP.

case AND watercooling?

i'd put all of that to water cooling gear and just go out and buy some crappy case.
the case is not as important imo but with the type of hardware you're running, you might as well buck up on the WC parts.

Back