• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$200 Active Bookshelf's?

Gautama

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
424
Even though I love the sound of my Sennheiser HD580s, I often wish I wasn't bound by the cord.

I've started looking into some bookshelves around $200 (active, to simplify things). I want a warm and smooth sound like the HD580s. Right now I'm looking at the Behringer B2030As and the M-Audio AV 40s.
Source is a modded X-Fi XtremeMusic, and I have a decent tube headphone amp whose preamp function I could use; would that be redundant though?

Any suggestions/comments?
 
Not looking to go over $250, and looking to stay on the active side.

How do the Swan M200MkII's compare to the Behringers?
 
M200mkII's should have more bass than the M-Audio AV40's, but the Behringer 2030's have the best specs. They're really a different class of speaker than the AV40's, and not comparable. M-Audio's comparable set would be the BX5a monitors, but the Behringer 2030's still have better specs. You may consider KRK monitors as well.
 
M200mkII's should have more bass than the M-Audio AV40's, but the Behringer 2030's have the best specs. They're really a different class of speaker than the AV40's, and not comparable. M-Audio's comparable set would be the BX5a monitors, but the Behringer 2030's still have better specs. You may consider KRK monitors as well.

I haven't seen them in person, and I hate to discount them on this alone, but I think the KRKs look atrocious and I don't want to have to look at them all day.

I'm used to headphones where specs don't mean much at all. Is this different with speakers, with the different driver materials/sizes?
 
I haven't seen them in person, and I hate to discount them on this alone, but I think the KRKs look atrocious and I don't want to have to look at them all day.

I'm used to headphones where specs don't mean much at all. Is this different with speakers, with the different driver materials/sizes?

The KRK's can look as ugly as they want because when I close my eyes and listen to the music it sounds sooo good I forget what they look like....
 
If I was to get the Swan d1080mkII or m200, would I just need a 2RCA to 3.5mm cord to make it work in my computer? I'm trying to find out what the set actually comes with and im having a tough time
 
If I was to get the Swan d1080mkII or m200, would I just need a 2RCA to 3.5mm cord to make it work in my computer? I'm trying to find out what the set actually comes with and im having a tough time

Yes you need one of those, and yes it comes with that cable.
 
I saw the KRKs in person and actually liked them. Unfortunately GC's demo room wasn't ready, so I didn't get to hear them.

I put in an offer for $240 for a new set shipped on ebay and it just got accepted, should be here Wednesday :D
 
Back
Top