$200 Active Bookshelf's?

Gautama

Limp Gawd
Even though I love the sound of my Sennheiser HD580s, I often wish I wasn't bound by the cord.

I've started looking into some bookshelves around $200 (active, to simplify things). I want a warm and smooth sound like the HD580s. Right now I'm looking at the Behringer B2030As and the M-Audio AV 40s.
Source is a modded X-Fi XtremeMusic, and I have a decent tube headphone amp whose preamp function I could use; would that be redundant though?

Any suggestions/comments?

Not looking to go over $250, and looking to stay on the active side.

How do the Swan M200MkII's compare to the Behringers?

M200mkII's should have more bass than the M-Audio AV40's, but the Behringer 2030's have the best specs. They're really a different class of speaker than the AV40's, and not comparable. M-Audio's comparable set would be the BX5a monitors, but the Behringer 2030's still have better specs. You may consider KRK monitors as well.

M200mkII's should have more bass than the M-Audio AV40's, but the Behringer 2030's have the best specs. They're really a different class of speaker than the AV40's, and not comparable. M-Audio's comparable set would be the BX5a monitors, but the Behringer 2030's still have better specs. You may consider KRK monitors as well.

I haven't seen them in person, and I hate to discount them on this alone, but I think the KRKs look atrocious and I don't want to have to look at them all day.

I'm used to headphones where specs don't mean much at all. Is this different with speakers, with the different driver materials/sizes?

I haven't seen them in person, and I hate to discount them on this alone, but I think the KRKs look atrocious and I don't want to have to look at them all day.

I'm used to headphones where specs don't mean much at all. Is this different with speakers, with the different driver materials/sizes?

The KRK's can look as ugly as they want because when I close my eyes and listen to the music it sounds sooo good I forget what they look like....

If I was to get the Swan d1080mkII or m200, would I just need a 2RCA to 3.5mm cord to make it work in my computer? I'm trying to find out what the set actually comes with and im having a tough time

If I was to get the Swan d1080mkII or m200, would I just need a 2RCA to 3.5mm cord to make it work in my computer? I'm trying to find out what the set actually comes with and im having a tough time

Yes you need one of those, and yes it comes with that cable.

I saw the KRKs in person and actually liked them. Unfortunately GC's demo room wasn't ready, so I didn't get to hear them.

I put in an offer for $240 for a new set shipped on ebay and it just got accepted, should be here Wednesday :D

Back