• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

20" widescreen monitors??

utsava

n00b
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
54
I'm interested in finding a nice 20" widescreen monitor with low response time (16ms or lower). The only one I know of is the Apple 20". Is any other company using the same panel? Its kind of odd, because HP, Sony, Apple, .. are all using the same 23" LG panel, but I can seem to find anyone using the 20" besides apple. The Apple is nice, but its overpriced @ $1,299. For 200 bucks more you can get the HP 23".
 
the apple panel is better quality and has a significantly better dead pixel policy than hp will ever have. it is worth more because it looks better and has better "insurance" if you will on its quality. cost wise it is more but it is also better. i dont know of any other 20" widescreen display
 
I was looking at that one, but ended up with the 23" HP. Just because when I had 2 browsers open, I had to shrink them inorder to have them side by side. Plus 1920x1200 is better...
 
I don't know if you can get the educational discounts from Apple, but if you can that would bring the price down a bit.
 
Yet another reason I don't want the Apple: The BIOS will not show on the screen. This is a major downside for PC users (whom Apple seems to try to court with the abolishment of the ADC Apple connector on these new models). I plan on building my own system. Access to the BIOS is a must.
 
utsava said:
Yet another reason I don't want the Apple: The BIOS will not show on the screen. This is a major downside for PC users (whom Apple seems to try to court with the abolishment of the ADC Apple connector on these new models). I plan on building my own system. Access to the BIOS is a must.


Agreed!
 
Back
Top