• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

20" vs 20" WS

RichQ03

n00b
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
53
I'm looking to upgrade from my 17" CRT to a 19" LCD....I've been reading reviews and everyone says that Dell has nice LCDs. After checking out their prices and other reviews it seems that I might as well just upgrade to a 20". Heres my question, is widescreen worth it? This would be a gaming as well as a work computer, so would the widescreen affect my gaming or work at all?

I'm using a Sapphire X800XL at the moment (hoping to upgrade to PCI-E in the near future).
 
oh, gee... let me think about that for a se-WIDESCREEN FOR THE WIN!!!!
 
Lost Ronin said:
I have this right here, check it out,

this is the monitor i was looking at yesterday and really liked it but unfortunately it's too much $$$. how did you like it?
 
looks nice... $800? Thats basically the exact one i want but its too much dough. Any alternatives? I love the glossyness
 
benq is nice too but the build quality seems not comparable to new NEC. anyone knows where 20wmgx was made?
 
where can you purchase the 20wmgx in the US? all I can find are sites for the UK.
 
i just ordered me a BenQ FP202W from newegg... when i get it ill post a review along with pics :)
 
Thanks! I just dont want to buy the wrong one and deal with returning things. And there are so many different brands to choose from.
 
RichQ03 said:
Yeah, I'm definately going to widescreen....now to choose a brand...

either dell or gateway

gateway though has HDCP right now (who knows when Dell will put our revisions), so ur vista ready (on the monitor side anyway)
 
Gateway is future proof but still like my 2005 more, even though it was 150 bucks cheaper when i bought it.
 
steveng said:
this is the monitor i was looking at yesterday and really liked it but unfortunately it's too much $$$. how did you like it?

Monitor is great, at first i was just gonna try it out and return it because of the price, but i liked it so much i decided to keep it.

nicest monitor ive ever owned, beats the crap out of my viewsonic vp191b, and that lcd was acclaimed for its quality in gaming, yet in morrowind the colors are horrid compared to my old crt and my new widescreen.

I think the moneys worth it, only thing is it comes with so many tv connections and i dont need any...
 
RichQ03 said:
Thats a good point.
HDCP support isn't going to stop vista from working. It might be required for viewing HD-DVD or BD-ROM movies at full resolution, but has absolutely zero to do with Vista.
 
The only thing that kept me from getting a 20" WS instead of the 20" standard, was the fact that the standard had a resolution of 1600x1200, compared to the widescreen resolution of 1680x1050 or whatever it is. I'd bite on a 24" widescreen @ 1920x1200 so I could run games in 1600x1200 if they didn't support widescreen.
 
Back
Top