20” LCD Project

designedforhell

Weaksauce
When my brother-in-law called me at 7pm after I got home from work I knew he would have something to trade me because that’s what he always calls for… what I ended up getting was this stripped down NEC 20” 'TOUCH SCREEN' LCD and it works great! Since there is no casing I’m going to fabricate one out of diamond-plate aluminum to match my computer. Anyway on with the photos… :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

buy a large computer case and mount it inside so you got your case and moniter all in one :p would be a cool case mod if ya ask me

that kind of ruins the whole space saving aspect of an lcd though. I would go with your original plan.

don't let them talk you out of it, I think it sounds like a great idea.

I’m going to make the front and back out of diamond-plate, the sides are going to be hollowed out acrylic tightly stacked together and defused with embedded white and blue LED’s. There is going to be a stand that pitchs out from the back so I can adjust the tilt or fold it up so I can hang it or lay it down if I wish.

I’m just waiting on my Dremel to get back from Dremel, the switch broke and I had to send it off to be repaired under the 5 year warranty. Ugh, I know how you guys like photos so here ya go…

DSCF0008_small.jpg

DSCF0010_small.jpg

DSCF0011_small.jpg
:(

1st I was going to link to the work log but I didn’t think about it until after the post…. Sorry

2nd If you pay for the actuators ($$$) I’ll put them in

3rd I gave him an old 1.2g AMD Duron w/crappy fully integrated mobo and PSU

OK, so first problem… The buttons for the LCD are on the back of the display. I can move them to the front in a way they can be used with the new casing, or I can move only the power button and stealth an access door in the back for use only when I need them (which won’t be that much). Ideas?

DSCN4366.jpg

lucky tart, as for the buttions I say just move the power button i mean after you've set it up the way you like it no one hardly ever touchs te buttons again to be honest. Plus with the buttons out of the way you can make it really slick :)

is there enough room for you to embed it into a side panel?

Mounting them on the side of the monitor sounds like it would be pretty orriginal.

nice score, nice project.

i was thinking about modding my 2405 into the side of my case, take a picture of the inside to use as a background. have you thought about doing this? the main reason i dont is id loose the quick swivel and hotkey to portriat view.

/subscribed

I know that I could put an LCD in my case, I just don’t want to. I will however come up with a way to attach the LCD to the side of my case so that I can carry it all as one when going to LAN parties and stuff.

I got my Dremel back today, and I have to say it was great working with Dremel! They got my tool fixed it and sent it back out all in the same day. They fixed the problem; put new brushes in the motor, oiled it, cleaned it and gave me a bit for my troubles. It’s running as good if not better than the day I got it! I’m hoping to get started on the LCD this weekend…

Official Pimped PC Award

That's a sweet mod. Wish you best of luck and no injuries.

Back