• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

20 inch widescreen

Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
28
Hi I'm looking to spend no more than $540 on a new 20 inch LCD widescreen. The LCD will be primarily used for FPS gaming.

I've heard too many bad things about the 2005fpw and the 2001 to consider either one of those (backlighting and minor ghosting).

Should I consider the Acer AL2032WA Black 20" 8ms wide-screen LCD Monitor or the SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III Black 20.1" 8ms 16:9 Wide Screen LCD Monitor? Why is the Acer $530 but the Sceptre only $400 but they both have the same specs.

I would consider that new gateway monitor but I heard that half of the screen is brighter than the other half.

Any suggestions?
 
iirc there is only one manufacturer of 20.1" ws LCD panels in the world, which is why both the Dell and Apple displays use the same exact panel.
My guess would be that any other 20.1" LCD aslo has the same panel in it, which is why the specs are the same ;)

Your "horror stories" are mostly from people who think having a single bad pixel is unnacceptable and return their monitor multiple times.

Although it is a known fact that the backlight in some cases can bleed through, it is hardly noticable unless you are working with a black backround all the time.

And as far as ghosting goes, if you dont want ghosting, don't get an LCD. Simple as that
 
The LCD I have now does not ghost, but I was asking about widescreen LCDs---any such widescreen that doesn't ghost, bleed, have a major problem?

Err..forgot to mention...I have a black desktop background so bleeding is a major issue for me.
 
actually dell lcd is manufatred by LG i think, the Acer and the Spectre panels are manufactured by Au electronics

the Acer is absolutly beutiful, it uses also crystal bright technology (Shiny surface).... i have it and love it ......
 
latief75 said:
actually dell lcd is manufatred by LG i think, the Acer and the Spectre panels are manufactured by Au electronics

the Acer is absolutly beutiful, it uses also crystal bright technology (Shiny surface).... i have it and love it ......

Sweet thanks I may go with that then. I may just get the Acer since it's more expensive and probably better I guess.
 
I was looking at the Spectre widescreen to, if the panel is the same as the acer however, I would assume there is no difference between them. Why its $100 cheaper I don't know...
 
ViewSonic has a 20" WS. Not on the Egg as of yet.
 
I was looking at the Spectre widescreen to, if the panel is the same as the acer however, I would assume there is no difference between them. Why its $100 cheaper I don't know...

i think they have the same panel manufacturer, but not exactly the same panel ......

also, the acer is a work of art, you'll have to see it person to understand what i mean......

of course this is all subjective, i like it a lot someone else might not......

no matter what you do, stay away from the dell widescreen though, the panel they use has too many problems....... i guess that is obvious by now......
 
Rrael said:
I was looking at the Spectre widescreen to, if the panel is the same as the acer however, I would assume there is no difference between them. Why its $100 cheaper I don't know...

Even though the panel is the same, whatever additions the manufacturer wants to add is up to them, like an s-video port, or whatver....that will change the price
 
JDBarbar said:
The LCD I have now does not ghost, but I was asking about widescreen LCDs---any such widescreen that doesn't ghost, bleed, have a major problem?

lol, what you mean to say is you just don't notice it as much

I play games on my 2005FPW's all day long and they look great, i would swear to the death that they don't ghost, but if you take a glance at my 19" NEC FE990 its like night and day
 
Back
Top