$20 headphones

Oompa

Limp Gawd
I need to get a cheap pair of headphones. I usually use my 5.1 Logitech Z-640s but for lanning it's a pain and looked down upon. Any recommendations? I've heard good things about the Sennheiser HD201s.

The HD201's are not bad but the Koss KSC75's are the best option in the sub $20 range

dranktoomuch said:
I vote for the HD201s, the pair that I use are definitely worth the money.

as im int he market for decent cheap headphones, any of you know how the HD202s are?

Mister X said:
The HD201's are not bad but the Koss KSC75's are the best option in the sub $20 range
I'd really like over the head type headphones. Those Koss look like they are just a pain to put on and take off.

I think the HD201 is a screamingly good deal for $20. Their sound quality and form/build are worth way more than what they sell for. The KSC75 sounds very nice, but is a bit less convenient to use, since they are open, and don't have a headband. As such, they SHOULD be cheap, since there is less material, and they provide less functionality (i.e. blocking out no noise). Both are among the best deals out there, but I think the 201 is just a bit better.

FYI the 202 is all bass, and little else. The 201 is much better balanced.

I got my hd202s for 25$ off amazon and there WAY better than the hd201s not just bass wise get the hd202s

i say the hd-202 are better than the 201's i have had both and prefer the bass in the hd-202, but that could just be me

i also like the fact that the 202's are closed

ok you like boomy muddy over bloated bass.. but all to thier own.

Anyways, go with the KSC-75's best sound in this category. IMO. I had the HD202's and I am glad it got jacked :) I had the KSC-75 and am pissed I did some "experimenting" with it and screwed it up.. and to a lot of people the HD201's is a good choice if you need full sized headphones, but with SQ, the koss takes it at this price.

Well I'm not much of an audiophile, but I like to get a good deal on what I purchase. I'll either get the HD201s or the HD202s. Since I want over the head style headphones.

the only problem with the 201's is the bass. The quality is still very good for that price range and the cord is super long which is nice sometimes.

Back