• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

20" fast response panel?

Thanks for the recomend on Samsung. I'm about to pull the trigger on this monitor. I've not seen any other 20" monitor with 5 as the response time. So naturally I'm concerned that it is a too good to be true situation. That is why I looked up the specs for just the panel. Then I see this 5 (on/off) which they don't use to describe any of there other panels. Does anyone know what that means? Is it 5 ms gtg?
They put this panel in a Samsung 204b. Samsung sells a lot of panels to other manufaturers as well but I don't see where this panel has shown up in other models. And there are little to no reviews on the monitor. I think so far I've found one person that didn't like it (I think a mva panel would be better for them) and three people who did like it. I can't find the monitor locally to look at it myself.
 
i know futureshop in canada has it so maybe best buy has it too, not sure...but i had it for a week or so and it was a good monitor, the only reason why i switched was because i wanted the widescreen so i went to the gateway, other than that the samsung was a great monitor
 
Thanks

I see from your computer specs that we have a somewhat similiar set up. I think wide screen looks great but I'm going to wait another couple of years before I make the switch. For the week you had the monitor did you play any games? If so any FPS and what did you think? If not for the desire to own a widescreen would you have kept the monitor?
 
yes i played day of defeat (regular and source) and need for speed most wanted...both looked awesome on the monitor at 1600x1200...a bit laggy for my 6800gt at 1600x1200 but the image quality was there for sure...i noticed a BIT of ghosting on NFS but thats cause im so used to a crt that its just the transition period :p i was actually debating really hardly about keepin the monitor...i loved the 3 year manufacturers warranty and like i said it was a good monitor..but i guess since i originally wanted the gateway i decided to go with my first instinct...i would say for sure, if we didnt get the gateway in stock, the samsung would have been a keeper
 
Ok thanks for you opinion. I went ahead and ordered it for 499.00 I'll let you know what I think.
 
Thats what I like about you lickboyee1123. That positive attitude you've always displayed is just real comforting. Good ol' lickboyee.
 
Interesting that they show this as being 20.1" but it still has an aspect ratio of 4:3?
 
Back
Top