Finally got couple of Dell 2007fp's to fit on the sides of my HP ZR30w but I have little problem.
My reference Radeon 7970 has DVI, HDMI and 2 mDP outputs. I am running my HP natively through DP, Dells are connected to DVI and HDMI (HDMI-to-DVI adapter)
Now the problem is that when I switch my Dells to portrait mode, my aero effects gets disabled and I haven't been able to turn them back on no matter what hack I'm trying. It just tries to enable aero but the screen is black for a while and cursor flickers like mad before it goes back to basic theme. When I put the side monitors back to landscape my aero re-enables almost instantly.
If I take one of the monitors out, doesn't matter which one, then aero works without hiccups even if the other monitor is in portrait mode.
Catalyst Control Center shows my idle clocks are 500/1575 so they are not the culprit.
I have read that DP uses different type clock generation than DVI and it has to sync 2 DVI's which are horizontally syncronized because they are in portrait mode to my DP connected HP ZR30w because it's the main monitor and aero is always v-synced so that causes a problem. This theory imo actually makes sense because LLL setup works just fine and with that setup monitors are vertically syncronized.
Now because I dont have active DP-to-DVI adapter, I cant test if this still happens when all my monitors are using the same type clock generator (dvi).
So what do you folks know about this peculiar problem?
Aero is still not mandatory for me and many say it causes tearing with eyefinity setups so I am going to keep it disabled.
PS. Before someone asks: yes I will post a picture to Show your LCD(s) thread when I get back home.
My reference Radeon 7970 has DVI, HDMI and 2 mDP outputs. I am running my HP natively through DP, Dells are connected to DVI and HDMI (HDMI-to-DVI adapter)
Now the problem is that when I switch my Dells to portrait mode, my aero effects gets disabled and I haven't been able to turn them back on no matter what hack I'm trying. It just tries to enable aero but the screen is black for a while and cursor flickers like mad before it goes back to basic theme. When I put the side monitors back to landscape my aero re-enables almost instantly.
If I take one of the monitors out, doesn't matter which one, then aero works without hiccups even if the other monitor is in portrait mode.
Catalyst Control Center shows my idle clocks are 500/1575 so they are not the culprit.
I have read that DP uses different type clock generation than DVI and it has to sync 2 DVI's which are horizontally syncronized because they are in portrait mode to my DP connected HP ZR30w because it's the main monitor and aero is always v-synced so that causes a problem. This theory imo actually makes sense because LLL setup works just fine and with that setup monitors are vertically syncronized.
Now because I dont have active DP-to-DVI adapter, I cant test if this still happens when all my monitors are using the same type clock generator (dvi).
So what do you folks know about this peculiar problem?
Aero is still not mandatory for me and many say it causes tearing with eyefinity setups so I am going to keep it disabled.
PS. Before someone asks: yes I will post a picture to Show your LCD(s) thread when I get back home.