20" 30" 20" Eyefinity

lordsegan

Gawd
What is the latest on 20" 30" 20" Eyefinity? Does it support different resolutions on the different monitors? What about with crossfire?

Nope. You still need to run the games in windowed mode (maximized), or use SoftTH for 20P+30L+20P configs. Crossfire doesn't work in windowed mode.

Wow, what's your budget set aside to run that setup?

I'm curious as what monitors did you have in mind for all that?

It'd be a combination like Dell 2007FP+U3011+2007FP, or HP LP2065+ZR30W+LP2065 etc. 1600x1200 4:3 in portrait on the wings, 2560x1600 16:10 in the centre. There's lots of examples of it in the setups thread.

I have been digging around for information on this as well since I got my 30" hp. What I have found out is this. Neither Nvidia or amd support this. SoftTH does not support SLI or Crossfire. BUT...you can run the games in full window mode with nvidia and still get SLI to work. Tested and both GPUs share load. SoftTH while a good idea is not very practical. It doesnt work on every game and causes the 2 side screens to lag.

I even tested this with Diablo 3 beta last night. Worked great. It extends viable range, but there are some issues with the game not displaying some things in the extended view. That is more of a game problem than an actual PLP set up problem.

This program - ShiftWindow may help you automatically maximize the window and hide as much of the titlebar etc as possible.

Thats great news as PLP is a wonderful setup. Just might be enough to switch cards back to AMD. Its a shame the new GPU isn't that much better than the similar priced 580

Be really nice if they do suport it as i have a 20x30x20big setup. I played dirt 2 on it qnd it was great. As it is one of the games you can just window mode and pull it across all the monitors and it works. The fiield of view is great i really liked it. If they do suport it ill be buying cfx just to use it.

According to the new reviews on the HD 7970, your problems will be over. It supports Eyefinity 2.0

Since the 7970 can do 3 GHz does that mean we can finally run a 30" or 27" (2560x1600 or x1440) over HDMI?

Just chech dells outlet site from time to time. Got my 20 inch Ips monitors for like 120 a pice and there working great. I bought them for work mainly but if they fix the plp ill be using them for gaming alot.

got my 30" gateway for free and fixed it, and got a 2007fp for $90 shipped used. would be nice to just grab another cheap 2007fp and give this a go. last time i asked about plp was about a year and a half ago and everyone told me it would never happen because of how windows was written making it too difficult. glad to see its finally coming through. :)

I'll third what ekuest and Makeroflostsouls said. I bought two 2007fp monitors from Dell financial services for $90 each, delivered. They were 3 years old (probably just off a 3 year lease) and in mint condition. An almost perfect match to my HP LP3065. This was my first and only purchase of used electronics and my first purchase from Dell. Dell's guaranty cut the risk of buying used equipment.

I have the 3007-HC to match my 2007's so it looks perfect. My friends all drool when they come over lol . Can't wait to be able to game across all of them. Just use the 2007's for work only at the moment. So picking up a 7970 just for this.

is eyefinity 2 backwards compatible to, say, a 5870? :D probably shouldnt get my hopes up, just dont want to buy another gpu since this one runs everything just fine.

Dell is a little proud of them right now at $199 refurbed on their outlet. I didn't mean that it was impossible to find them. I simply meant they don't really make new non wide screen monitors any more. So the only way to get your hands on them are used one or refurbs. I wonder if PLP will cause venders to start making them again.

Since the 7970 can do 3 GHz does that mean we can finally run a 30" or 27" (2560x1600 or x1440) over HDMI?

yes its supposed to now support 4kx4k displays over HDMI as long as you get a good cable

is eyefinity 2 backwards compatible to, say, a 5870? :D probably shouldnt get my hopes up, just dont want to buy another gpu since this one runs everything just fine.

I hope so.

I don't beleive they really said how card specific eyefinity 2.0 is and how much is drivers

its supposed to come out in 12.12 I beleive

Dell is a little proud of them right now at $199 refurbed on their outlet. I didn't mean that it was impossible to find them. I simply meant they don't really make new non wide screen monitors any more. So the only way to get your hands on them are used one or refurbs. I wonder if PLP will cause venders to start making them again.

Dell still sells new 2007fp monitors for $399. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=soho&cs=ussoho1&sku=320-4687

The site I got my monitors from is Dell Financial Services. It seems to be a separate operation from the Dell outlet store. If you see what you want for the price you are willing to pay on the DFS site, buy them immediately. The 2007fp can disappear within minutes of listing. Yes it happened to me.

Use discount codes. I got mine HERE.

Happy hunting.

Back