20.1" widescreen LCD $379 Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a decent deal. A direct link would be nice too.
I just ordered a 27" LCD TV, cant wait!

SMokin, I may need to take a trip there today to see if in stock.. Wifey wants a LCd for x mas..

Anyone know if that is a good LCD? There was a thread about it under the Display section but no seemed to know anything about it?
What if it is defective...can I return it to Costco or do I need to send it to that Sceptre company?

psyguard said:
Costco being of course known for the best return policy on the planet.

So true. If it breaks for any reason they take it back no questions asked.

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Anyone know if that is a good LCD? There was a thread about it under the Display section but no seemed to know anything about it?
What if it is defective...can I return it to Costco or do I need to send it to that Sceptre company?

If you save the receipt, you can return half of the screen, shattered in pieces in 2015 and tell costco that it exploded on you, and they will return you all the money, plus give you a $50 gift certificate so you won't sue 'em

EdMcK515 said:
So true. If it breaks for any reason they take it back no questions asked.
Is this supposed to be sarcastic?
I thought you could not return anything to Costco...
Edit:
If you save the receipt, you can return half of the screen, shattered in pieces in 2015 and tell costco that it exploded on you, and they will return you all the money, plus give you a $50 gift certificate so you won't sue 'em
okay..
Can I return it to any Costco store if I buy it online?

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Is this supposed to be sarcastic?
I thought you could not return anything to Costco...
Edit:

okay..
Can I return it to any Costco store if I buy it online?

NOT sarcastic.

If you buy online, save the printed receipt, when you return it in a local store you'll get your shipping money back too!

The ONLY restriction in COSTCO on ANYTHING is full laptops/desktops -those have a 6month return period

this does nto apply on pc PARTS

yeah, i had to return a digital camera to costco, and all they asked was whether everything was in it, i said yes, and they refunded my money
VERYeasy returns at costco

killa62 said:
yeah, i had to return a digital camera to costco, and all they asked was whether everything was in it, i said yes, and they refunded my money
VERYeasy returns at costco

I to can contest for their returns. My sister purchased one of their pre-configured computers and for some reason it would keep rebooting after it would run for 4 minutes or so. I took it back a couple of weeks after the purchase and they refunded me without a question.

hmm.. i'll have to check this out. i'm looking to get a monitor for some one for christmas.. i've got it narrowed down to the dell, or the gateway, but maybe this one will be good too..

I WOULD BUY IT

But i dont like the resolution

Widescreen sux for gaming (unless games support it, obviously)

IF this lcd did 1280x1024 by using only the center part, thaqt would rock

right now im using sharp 17" 12ms lcd (from costco.com)

:D

I'm pretty sure it just displays black on the unused sides of the screen when it scales. LIke a non-widescreen TV showing a widescreen/letterbox film.

^^^^^

[Chris Farley] That is correct. [/Chris Farley]

kohan69 said:
I WOULD BUY IT

But i dont like the resolution

Widescreen sux for gaming (unless games support it, obviously)

IF this lcd did 1280x1024 by using only the center part, thaqt would rock

right now im using sharp 17" 12ms lcd (from costco.com)

:D

All modern screens tend to have an option to either stretch the input or leave it at native resolution and put black bars on either side.

Also, all modern games tend to support all resolutions supported by the monitor. I have a Dell 2005FPW which is also 1680x1050 and WoW and EVE Online both support the resolution natively (as does any game that uses a quake-like engine such as RTCW and W:ET, by setting r_customheight and r_customwidth and doing a vid_restart), whereas Rise of Nations only goes up to 1280x1024, displaying black bars on either side. (or, if you want to, stretching the display)

1680x1050 is a 16:10 ratio and not 16:9 which is normal widescreen, so if you play 16:9 games on the screen without stretching, you get black bars at the top and bottom.

Dam, I would of gotten this moniter if you posted this earlier. I just ordered my Dell 2005FPW for 380.

i don't know if i should get this monitor or get the dell there is a costco that is 1hr 30 mins away i could go there buy it make them check it for dead pixels and stuff
whereas if i buy from dell then i have to play the damn rma mail game if anything is messed up

also the specs on the spectre is awesome and beats out the dell
and supports HD 1080
i guess i will have to ride down there and look at it i guess
also does anyone know if that spectre logo on the front the monitor is too much of a distraction it looks retarded why did they put that there
anyways i wonder if the spectre uses the same panel as the dell they seem similar
also spectre 19inch model with smiliar specs at newegg for 299 was getting stellar reviews so maybe this brand is good i dunno
but costco seems to be a easy place to return something if it this should ever crap out
maybe its the ultimate bargain lcd

123Lanoix said:
i don't know if i should get this monitor or get the dell there is a costco that is 1hr 30 mins away i could go there buy it make them check it for dead pixels and stuff
whereas if i buy from dell then i have to play the damn rma mail game if anything is messed up

also the specs on the spectre is awesome and beats out the dell
and supports HD 1080
i guess i will have to ride down there and look at it i guess
also does anyone know if that spectre logo on the front the monitor is too much of a distraction it looks retarded why did they put that there
anyways i wonder if the spectre uses the same panel as the dell they seem similar
also spectre 19inch model with smiliar specs at newegg for 299 was getting stellar reviews so maybe this brand is good i dunno
but costco seems to be a easy place to return something if it this should ever crap out
maybe its the ultimate bargain lcd

The 2005FPW from Dell: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2005FPW/English/about.htm
X20G-Naga III from Sceptre: http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_x20g_NagaIII.htm

The Sceptre has a faster refresh (8ms, 2005FPW is 16ms) and supports 1080i/1080p (Dell's doesn't, or at least doesn't disclose it), has a smaller pixel pitch (0.25 vs 0.258 for the 2005FPW), has a better contrast ratio (800:1, the 2005FPW is 600:1), but only has 2 inputs (DVI and VGA), while the 2005FPW has 4 (composite, s-video, DVI, VGA).

I like the 4 inputs on the Dell (which I have), so I can hook up a console or two in addition to my computer. But the increased contrast ratio, faster refresh, and slightly smaller pixel pitch makes me want to pick one of these up just to compare.

when hooking a console system to an LCD how do you get the sound to work? Connect it to your computers sound card?

escoe said:
when hooking a console system to an LCD how do you get the sound to work? Connect it to your computers sound card?

I connect it to my stereo, personally. What's the use in having 5 inputs if I'm not using them all? One for my computer, one for either console, one for the CD changer... I've still got one left to use. :cool:

syukton said:
All modern screens tend to have an option to either stretch the input or leave it at native resolution and put black bars on either side.

Also, all modern games tend to support all resolutions supported by the monitor. I have a Dell 2005FPW which is also 1680x1050 and WoW and EVE Online both support the resolution natively (as does any game that uses a quake-like engine such as RTCW and W:ET, by setting r_customheight and r_customwidth and doing a vid_restart), whereas Rise of Nations only goes up to 1280x1024, displaying black bars on either side. (or, if you want to, stretching the display)

1680x1050 is a 16:10 ratio and not 16:9 which is normal widescreen, so if you play 16:9 games on the screen without stretching, you get black bars at the top and bottom.

BLACK BARS sound sexy - does this one support it? :confused:

syukton said:
The 2005FPW from Dell: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2005FPW/English/about.htm
X20G-Naga III from Sceptre: http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_x20g_NagaIII.htm

The Sceptre has a faster refresh (8ms, 2005FPW is 16ms) and supports 1080i/1080p (Dell's doesn't, or at least doesn't disclose it), has a smaller pixel pitch (0.25 vs 0.258 for the 2005FPW), has a better contrast ratio (800:1, the 2005FPW is 600:1), but only has 2 inputs (DVI and VGA), while the 2005FPW has 4 (composite, s-video, DVI, VGA).

I like the 4 inputs on the Dell (which I have), so I can hook up a console or two in addition to my computer. But the increased contrast ratio, faster refresh, and slightly smaller pixel pitch makes me want to pick one of these up just to compare.
Besides the extra inputs, do any of those differences make much of a difference?

Pete84 said:
Besides the extra inputs, do any of those differences make much of a difference?

You can return it to COSTCO after 5 years and dell has a 1 year warantee? ;)

kohan69 said:
You can return it to COSTCO after 5 years and dell has a 1 year warantee? ;)

Yeah, as others have stated, COSTCO has the best return policy. As long as everything that came with it is in the box when you return it, you can do so no questions asked.

syukton said:
Yeah, as others have stated, COSTCO has the best return policy. As long as everything that came with it is in the box when you return it, you can do so no questions asked.

no box, just receipt. SAVE receipt, cuz in 2 years, the monitor instore pricce will be $120, so they'll only give you 120 if u have no receipt.

SAVE receipt for full refund

syukton said:

This remind me, as much as I loathe and despise Wal-Mart, I have to say that I'm impressed with their return policy.

On the other hand I still question why so many people love the store? It's not like most of their items are such a steal compared to similar offerings from other competitors.

Eh, if I start I won't stop...

Z(+)DIAC said:
It's not like most of their items are such a steal compared to similar offerings from other competitors.

The prices aren't a steal, but the items are
:p

I love dressing rooms!! :p

would this monitor be good for gaming or would I be better off going with the samsung 940b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back