2 x 8800GTX Possibly faulty, need help identifying

Buztafen

Limp Gawd
Mornin all,

Ive got 2 x 8800GTX's taken from an Alienware computer which my work have used to process 3d digital terrain models for just under a year. The cards are apparently faulty and cause BSOD's or crash/dont work as fast as usual so have been replaced with GTX280's

Ive tested both in various ways. They both give picture in Windows, both can be run through 3DMark06 giving a score of 5466 and 5462 respectively using the comp in my sig (this compared to 4934 with my own X1900XTX). Also both work fine when playing Crysis, though i only have the demo. Are these numbers about right with my setup considering the underpowered P4 i have running?

I tried overclocking with ATItools on one card and almost immediately got a blackscreen with 'mode unsupported'.

The latest test was to loop 3dmark06 overnight on one of the cards, in the morning i got 'mode unsupported' again and had to reset to rectify it.

Has anyone any ideas if these are faulty or not...should they be producing the mode error on my screen (im running a 17" Proview lcd), are there other tests i can do to pin the problem down....

Cheers for any help.

Back