2 Vista Ultimate Questions: Sound & Icons

So I am finally deciding to move over to my Vista partition full time, and I have been performing various tweaks and tune ups to make it better, and I have run into 1 issue and have a question about another.

1. My sound going to my Tv via a digital coaxial cable to my receiver is non existent. I have checked all of the connections they are fine. When I boot into XP the sound is fine and I can play movies with out any issues. But when I am in Vista, there is no sound on my living room stereo, but the speaker set for my pc is fine.

2. How do I change icons in Vista? I do not mean the right click personalize desktop icons, or right click on a folder and customize icons. I mean the system icons, like hard drives, or the icon for my iphone when it is connected is a small digital camera. I have found several icons I like on other sites including Deviant and through Stardock as well, but how do I use them for those types of system icons? I would prefer to change them manually without using an icon packager, as I want to customize my whole desktop, startup, my hard drives etc...everything.

thanks in advance for any help, and let me know if you need any other info.

1. My sound going to my Tv via a digital coaxial cable to my receiver is non existent. I have checked all of the connections they are fine. When I boot into XP the sound is fine and I can play movies with out any issues. But when I am in Vista, there is no sound on my living room stereo, but the speaker set for my pc is fine.

What sound card/device are you using?

I know with Creative cards you have to go to the sound properties-> speakers and check the enable digital IO box under one of the tabs. I don't have a Vista machine in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's where the digital IO check box is.

It is the bernstein audio module that came with my board, and in some testing I am able to get sound in my living room by clicking on the "test" button, but nothing with songs or movies...

Back