• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 USB Audio Devices???

shipster

n00b
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
45
I am considering replacing my aging Logitech 5.1 speakers which are connected to the MB's on board audio with a set of 2.1's. The replacements I am looking at are connected by USB. I also use the Corsair HS1's (freaking awesome BTW) for gaming, which are also USB. I have no problems plugging the headset in now, however will there be an issue with having 2 USB audio devices connected at once?
 
If you right click your speaker icon in the system tray, you will see "playback devices." choose that, and it will bring up the control panel applet for sound devices. Right click either your USB speakers or your Corsair HS1 headset, and choose "set as default device." Then your headset will process and play all sound. When you wish to return to speakers, do a similar action choosing them as the default device.

The Corsair speakers have a C-Media processing chipset. If your USB speakers do not have an identical chipset, you should not have a software conflict, but I do not guarantee that as I have not used your USB speakers.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top