2 Types of Masterkleer?

Hello all,

A while back I ordered some 7/16" ID Masterkleer tubing from Jab-tech.com. To my amazement, it was very clear. In the past I bought it from usplastics, and it was slightly opaque. About 2 months later, I bought some more Masterkleer from Jab-tech, but this time it had the same opaque, cloudy look as the tubing from usplastics.

Are there two different types of masterkleer?

Also, I read that you can "shine up" the tubing. What household materials can be used to do this? I think I read that alcohol + mineral oil works, but are there any other types of oil other than mineral oil that I could use as a substitute?

Thanks all, I just like the look of clear tubing, and I don't want to have to spring for tygon since I have perfectly good tubing sitting right here.

I actually had the same thing happen to me as well. I bought from Petra's both times, but the second time was much more clear than the first order.

All the tubings we carry have clarity that varies from order to order. Some are more dramatic than others, but that's one of the things you pay for when you buy a premium tubing.

i'd hazard a guess that masterkleer are in the process of making their tubing more clear. it would involve a manufacturing change and they likely have a good deal of old stock to sell off before its totally all clear. also, they might not have the money to invest in their entire plant and maybe one production line only has this new method. just some speculation;)

Masterkleer is a value tubing, I am sure there are large differences in the consistency of the clarity in the tubing between different batches. If you want better clarity every time then pony up for some Tygon. It doesn't hurt the functionality of the tubing though and won't matter once you get the loop running.

Back