2 sff builds (tons of pictures)

guoinc

Limp Gawd
So I just finally completed two sff builds. It was a very hard work cramping everything in these builds. there were no mods made.

They are nothing great, but for those of you who like to look at pictures: here it is!

Build 1: This one is for the gf.

scaled.php

Kingston hyperX blu 4gb

scaled.php

Asus 240gt

scaled.php

a bad pic of Seagate 500gb 7200rpm

scaled.php

antec veris elite

and a 300w sliverstone sfx psu, gigabyte H55 itx, and i3 530 - no pictures of them:(

scaled.php

everything is in the case (used a temporary psu at the time)

scaled.php

connecting antec veris elite into the drive bay

scaled.php

covered the seagate over the wires, its going in the drive bay.. (the asus 240gt has a thick fan, harddrive could not fit with the metal bracket that came with the case)

scaled.php

there! its in the drive bay- can you guess what case it is?

scaled.php

had it running like that for a day. I was waiting for the 300w sfx psu

so a day passed...

scaled.php

Then I got the PSU and slammed it in the case
scaled.php

after 3 hours of testing - harddrive overheated. This was due to hiding all the cables in the drive bay.

scaled.php

taking it apart... :mad:

scaled.php

cleaned out the drive bay!:D

so where did I place the hard drive?

scaled.php

The hard drive does not move around, because I placed 2 thin 80mm fans behind it. The hard drive is pushing up the graphics card. if either one were a few mm wider - it would not fit.
scaled.php

hard to see black on black - but the gpu is being pushed

scaled.php

done!
scaled.php

scaled.php

Will upgrade stock cooler to an AXP-140 and upgrading the gpu

Build 2: This one is for myself

scaled.php

scaled.php

My old 5850 - paid $310 for this baby

scaled.php

crucial ballistix 4gb

scaled.php

Antec h20

scaled.php

i5 2500k

scaled.php

foxconn 1155

scaled.php

this build is going to be ran without a case
scaled.php

scaled.php

just kidding

then with some magic...

scaled.php

it's complete. That was easy.

scaled.php

notice the harddrive is tilted - the front usb on the sg05 is in the way.

scaled.php

touching the RAM

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

tada-

Camera battery ran out before i could take pictures of the SG05 closed. the cover closes fine. no bumps or anything.

conclusion: The Lian Li Q07 was a pain in the butt. it was hard to put together. It is currently running at 40-45 idle and 65-75 load(I did not dare to run it at max load). stock cooler sucks.:mad:
The Sliverstone SG05 isn't as the sexy looking as the Q07 but it has everything - dual pci bracket slot, 120mm fan, plenty of vents, and it was easy to do cable management.

size comparison of the q07 and the sg05:
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

In my opinion the lian li 07 looks smaller

I like your gf. I meant your gf's build :) Particularly the antec veris elite on it, that's pretty cool, but kind of a expensive display.

I like your gf. I meant your gf's build :) Particularly the antec veris elite on it, that's pretty cool, but kind of a expensive display.

LOL.

the antec veris elite is the only thing it has going for it. sold a kidney for it

So does the SG05 still stay relatively cool with that setup? I note you flipped the psu so it isn't pulling any air from the case and you have the water cooling radiator up by the front fan. I imagine that keeps the cpu nice and cool, but I'm curious about the rest of the motherboard components and memory? Just a query. I'm trying to get a feeling how well the case is able to vent itself when nothing is helping push the air to the outside.

So does the SG05 still stay relatively cool with that setup? I note you flipped the psu so it isn't pulling any air from the case and you have the water cooling radiator up by the front fan. I imagine that keeps the cpu nice and cool, but I'm curious about the rest of the motherboard components and memory? Just a query. I'm trying to get a feeling how well the case is able to vent itself when nothing is helping push the air to the outside.
The cpu is running under 30C idle at room temp. I imagine it will do well at load. Haven't gotten time to test it yet. the other components runs fine. there are vents on each side and the top of the case, so air is going to flow out of there. I am planing on adding another fan for push and pull when I get the screws. This might help me on a better air flow (pushing out the vents)

Nice SFF build. I'm loving the display on the Antec Veris Elite.
It is The Lian Li Q07 case - sorry I did not mention it. The Antec Veris Elite is the display

guoinc,

Nice builds...:).

How is the noise level on the 300w SilverStone psu?

Best,

LC

They're both beautiful, but I really like that Lian Li case. Now I have to fight the urge to upgrade my system with one.

In my opinion the lian li 07 looks smaller

Which case looks small depends on how you view it. Some see "short" as "small" so cube cases will look small to them. Others see "small footprint" as small.

In either case, both are nice builds. I like the SG05 build. Do you have any problems with the PSU making funny noises while under load?

guoinc,

Nice builds...:).

How is the noise level on the 300w SilverStone psu?

Best,

LC

it's pretty loud when the side panel is off. when I put the panels on it- it's decent. The 300w is a little louder than the 450w. it doesn't bother me and I have very good hearing. I'll describe the noise level as mediocre- between loud and soft . The girlfriend doesn't have any problems with it. The only problem she ever addressed is the bad temps.

Which case looks small depends on how you view it. Some see "short" as "small" so cube cases will look small to them. Others see "small footprint" as small.
the lian li also takes up less space on the table, thats a plus:)
Sliverstone should make the SG05 standing up - like the FT03 but smaller. That would be awesome

In either case, both are nice builds. I like the SG05 build. Do you have any problems with the PSU making funny noises while under load?

When I first turned the system on, there was this werid squeeking sound for an hour.
But after that it never came back up. so right now It's running very smooth, even under load. my typing is louder than the system.
If hear any other funny noises I'll be sure to address it here

Back