I'm a bit of a networking retard.
What i'm looking to do is join 2 routers and have them be able to see the networked devices.
Basically theres an airport extreme hooked to the comcast cable. With a desktop and printer attached to 2 of its lan ports, and a laptop off the wireless, the 3rd port is going to an older linksys wireless g router with the wireless disabled a slingbox and mac mini are attached to it.
Any help getting everything to see eachother would be appreciated, I've searched a bit here and on google, but didn't find much. I've set the "rip direction" on the linksys router to both, and disabled it as a dhcp server, but neither seem to have helped.
---
Just found a page saying to plug into a normal port instead of the wan port.
Seems to have done the trick
What i'm looking to do is join 2 routers and have them be able to see the networked devices.
Basically theres an airport extreme hooked to the comcast cable. With a desktop and printer attached to 2 of its lan ports, and a laptop off the wireless, the 3rd port is going to an older linksys wireless g router with the wireless disabled a slingbox and mac mini are attached to it.
Any help getting everything to see eachother would be appreciated, I've searched a bit here and on google, but didn't find much. I've set the "rip direction" on the linksys router to both, and disabled it as a dhcp server, but neither seem to have helped.
---
Just found a page saying to plug into a normal port instead of the wan port.
Seems to have done the trick