• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 quick questions

Bikebro

n00b
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
14
Can you play a xbox 360 on the iMac? I can't seem to find out if there are any avg or dvi inputs on the iMac.

My 2nd questions is can you use a MacBook Pro while its closed? I'm looking at replacing my current pc but I have a brand new 21" widescreen monitor. I would be great if I could use my current monitor and get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse so the MacBook would be closed. I'm only looking at doing this because I will probably be building a new gaming only pc when vista and dx10 gfx cards launch and just want something for the web and photos. Though I could proably live with a Mac only since I don't play the higest graphics demanding games.
 
The iMac's display is integrated with the rest of the system. I'm sure there's a DVI connection somewhere, but accessing it would probably mean taking the machine to pieces. So no, you cannot use the iMac's display with other systems.

I'm pretty sure you can run the Macbook Pro in "clamshell" mode, but I can't guarantee it.



Though I could proably live with a Mac only since I don't play the higest graphics demanding games.
The problem with gaming on Macs isn't performance, but availability. But that's not a big issue either, with Boot Camp. Want to play a Windows-only game? Just reboot into Windows. You do realize you can get the Mac Pro with a Radeon X1900 XT, right? ;)
 
Back
Top