2 Questions

coastertux

Limp Gawd
Is 29C case and 52C CPU bad when folding at 100%? I have an Athlon XP 2500+ Barton.

When I use my id from extremeoverclocking on the Horde Stats page I get an error.

Still has more points then you do ;)

As far as temps, sounds ok, I wouldnt let the cpu temp get too much higher though
50 is about my max.. my avg case temp is about 30-31

- Fold [H]ard - - Or go [H]ome -

From what I've been able to find through google, it seems those temps are close to what you'd have with it OC'd to 3200+ speeds. Do you have any sort of OC on your chip?

I second what kodiakstar is saying. My temps are about the same, and anything over 55 degrees I start to get worried. I have 2 case fans, 1 psu fan and two cpu fans (it's a dually box).

Welcome to the team and congrats on those points!!!

GwilyaGwees

Dual front intake (undervolted)
One Exhast near cpu
one hsf
one blowhole fan (up top..)

2 psu fans up n out..

Overkill? Maybe.. but it looks cool.

The top blowhole fan actually doesnt help as much imho with the CPU temps for my
case, but rather some of the heat that the hdds give off before it gets over to the CPU

On my 1.6 p4 I have teh HSF, And 1 intake fan and 1 Hole in the back On the same level as intake... I would have my Tornado hooked up. But It is Hella loud.

That's about what temps my 2400+ (O/C'd to 3200+ speeds) is running at, although it says my mobo temp is about 50 degrees, which I don't believe. I'm using a pretty craptacular HSF until my watercooling gear gets in, and the case is a cardboard box (temporary home until I get my table saw and the REAL case modding begins). Actually, the airflow is pretty good, size is pretty small, and it's quite easy to mod - just use a utility knife!

XP's temperature sensors can be so bad I never trusted the readings.

It seems a little on the high side. How hot is the heatsink by touch?

Also, what heatsink, thermal compound, mobo?

What kind of temps do you get if you aren't running fah? Could it be that the sensor isn't giving proper temps?

One of my boxes is on an NF7-M. It is reading a system temp of 33C and CPU 55.5C.

But that is a Athlon 3200+ (stock 2.2, I think) running at 2.31 Ghz. It's a naked computer (no case). One of the computers that my cat likes to walk over, which was mentioned in another thread.

Stock HSF and AS5 for the box mentioned above.

Try getting temps with the program " speed fan " .

Do you use a Copper HSF?

Irishllama said:
Dang 62 WU's and that low points. Looks like you got cursed with small Wu's.

You think thats bad.....

Also, Im running a little hotter than you are at 100% @ 56c for my main cpu and 58c for my alt cpu so you should be fine, mine have been running like this non stop for a while now...

Hito Bahadur said:
He said a Stock HSF.

oops. I didnt see that, I bet you would get better temps with a Copper HSF , you can get them for Cheap.

I get the same temps with speed fan and MBM 5.
I get around 44 when im not running F@H.

You are probably fine as long as your house doesn't get much hotter. You could try reseating the HSF. Otherwise, if you are concerned replace the stock HSF, but it's not really worth the extra money probably.

Nothing worse than a dirty box....

;)

MN Scout, I noticed your PPD recently went up...

I've found that its normal to run at 20-25 C above ambient temps when running F@H at 100% load.
If you were alot above this range then something is wrong.
Below and you've got good cooling.

Thats ok untill the ambient air temps in my cottage hits 35-40 C due to the computers putting out 1.5 kilowatts of heat.........

Luck......... :D

Don't just say he's cursed with small WU's.
coastertux -
check psummary for your WU, that will tell you the size you should be getting.

look at FAHlog.txt to see if it's reporting failures
check to see if you've got BIG wu in your config.txt

[settings]
username=gemniii
team=33
asknet=no
machineid=1
local=28
bigpackets=yes
see bigpackets

Back