2 Qestions

Don't use Windex or any other products containing amonnia. They eat the anti-glare coating off and leave the smear look. Rubbing alcohol either by itself or mixed with a little water work well. Don't use paper towels either. Use a cloth or old pantyhose.

I never used anything but a dampened piece of clean cotton. Usually the inside of washed old t-shirt. I would wet about a third of it, wipe it everywhere with medium pressure twice, and then finish it with a dry section of the same shirt. Worked fine for 5 years on my 21" CRT, and the manual for my 1901FP states nearly the same thing. I think wiping/drying it at the end is what removes the streaks. Of course if you are a smoker, then you may have to work a little harder.

Damp paper towel is all I ever use to clean monitors. Anything that wont come off with that... well, you should kick the person in the nuts who got it that dirty.

The next thing is about cleaning the screen.

I use eyeglass cleaner from Lenscrafters along with there special towels.
These are made special to clean and not scratch any glass or plastic
surface. My eyeglasses are coated for UV and there stuff does a nice job and my monitor looks great leaves no streaks at all. My thing is if you going to spend good money on a monitor then spend a little to clean it right.

Kleenex or certain paper towels contain fibers that may scratch or remove the monitors coating. Most glass cleaners will damage monitor coatings, do not use these as mentioned !

Back