2 pump Failures since March 3, 2015

G_Sup

Limp Gawd
Was new to WC'ing and bought 2 EKC blocks for my GTX 780's along with a clear Swiftech res and a double 240 radiator. First pump was an EKC that burned out in June of this year, it was so hot that you could barely touch it. I then purchased a swiftech pump to replace that. Today that one failed... noticed my AIDA 64 display on the G19 go into red and then immediately turned off. My loop is pump on bottom> to top of rad> bottom of rad to bottom vid card>to top vid card via EKC Bridge> and then to res. Am I doing something wrong thus stressing the pump?

I purchased all of this from Performance PC and just submitted a ticket to see if they have any suggestions, but I'm almost over this whole WC'ing deal. Luckily I have an old 670 that I slapped in just to get by (Non watercooled).

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank You Crosshairs. Does that pump just use a 3 pin Molex? Also there are several choices as far as GPH... what would you suggest? Also, how would I be over working it?

Thank You Crosshairs. Does that pump just use a 3 pin Molex? Also there are several choices as far as GPH... what would you suggest? Also, how would I be over working it?

It plugs into the wall as drescherjm mentioned....but in my case,its plugged into my battery backup ..I want to say mine is about 45 GPH but I really dont remember..I walked into a pet store and picked out one that looked good and one I could rebuild if needed...parts for these are cheap and plentiful.......as far as over working your current pump, I'm not sure what the specs are but it may be too much for it to "push" the water uphill to your radiator..2 bad pumps in that small amount of time is not normal.

That's exactly what I just ordered, I've used XSPC pumps in the past with zero issues.

That's exactly what I just ordered, I've used XSPC pumps in the past with zero issues.

XSPC, EK, Swiftech, it doesn't mean anything with those pumps. They get it all from the same supplier, in this case Laing. Well, the cheaper pumps are not from Laing (like the Swiftech AIO and EK AIOs and the XSPC 750), but the more expensive ones are. The D5 (aka MCP655) is much more robust from what I have seen than the DDC (MCP355, 35x).

Back