2 problems with HIS 1950 pro card

koumdros

n00b
1st there is ALWAYS a strange sputterin -whinning noise that seems to change in pitch depending on the load of the card, the more strenuoys things i run the more intense it becomes, I also think it i sgettign worse by the day....

2nd .. noit;s not because of the card fan as some sugested... i change manually the rotation using ATI tray tools and there is no change in the noise.

however something very funny happens, and the noise changes in pitch or even follows a rhythm similar to the refesh rate of the screen when i do something of the following.: idf when i have a windowed game on my desktop, i try to "hover "my mouse over anything 9 or even when as i am playing the game, one of these annoying "ballon tips windows is filled with crop up n its own" the computer suddenly crawls to a virtual stop, FPs goes from 60-70-110 (depending on the game) to something like 2-3 FPSand everything moves in a choppy way IN the game and in the windows surface .

Same happnes if i open a alrge menu from anothe rprogam, ...say like the windows start menu, and it happens to overlap the game window even a little bit. the REAL funny thing is that while thsi chopiness oquers the sound follows the exact same rythm: i hear it momentarily the few moments the screen "moves" and it;s gone again for the fraction of a second everything is frozen.

i wonder what thsi may be and whether I'll have to RMa the card ( to UK !! as i bought it from overcklockers UK..). i have no simialr issues when i put back my ati 9700 pro card which Is 2-3 time slower BUT everything moves smoothly and i got no annoying spoutering noises whatsoever!

Back