• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 Monitors & Video card Resourses

firewiz

n00b
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
51
I have 2 Monitors hooked up to my 9800xt. One DVI HS94P and other analog viewsonic A90f+.

Running them both, will it put more of a task and strain on the card...asking should I shut 1 monitor off when playing games?
 
You would probably need to shut it off in the ATI CP, I might be wrong, but if you just shut the monitor off, the card will still render the frames as if it were turned on.
 
It depends on the game really, but disabling the monitor in the CP is the best idea.

Doom 3 is particularly problematic with a secondary display enabled. Other games like Battlefield Vietnam don't seem to care too much.
 
I have been running dual monitors on my 9800 np for over 2 years. All I do is play MOHAA and BFV and have never had a problem. Framerates are always at acceptable levels.
 
Guess it really didnt matter anyhow...really no need for it to be on during gaming!

Thanks
 
Back
Top