2 Monitors problem

Psycrow

Gawd
I got 2 Samsung F27T450FQR 27" connected to my 3080 ti. Both with hdmi cables from Lindy and they are good cables.
In both monitors i can select displayport version 1.1 or 1.2. When i select displayport 1.2 on both monitors then one of em wont show display
That is when i have both hdmi cables in the monitors hdmi port 1. if i switch one of the monitors to hdmi port 2, then i can have both monitors in display port version 1.2.

I dont even use displayport but hdmi ports..why dosent this make any sence ?

It dosent matter what port i install the hdmi cables in to with both of the monitors.
The thing is that both monitors cant have the same hdmi port used with the displayport 1.2 settings enabled.

If i install the hdmi cables in both hdmi port 1 on the monitors, then one of the monitors need to be display port 1.2 and the other 1.1
If i then use hdmi port 1 on the main screen and hdmi 2 port on the seondary monitor, then i can use display port version 1.2 on both monitors.
That dosent make any sence cuz im using hdmi cables and not displayport cables.

So i dont get it...

The manual seem to indicate that setting DP in 1.1 disable FreeSync, maybe it does it for all ports and can change somestuff

Why does it matter to you? The displayport setting shouldn't hold any barring on your performance with HDMI cables. I can't explain why it's behaving the way it is, but it seems to be totally inconsequential.

Why does it matter to you? The displayport setting shouldn't hold any barring on your performance with HDMI cables. I can't explain why it's behaving the way it is, but it seems to be totally inconsequential.
My first reflex, but then I wondered pretty new monitor model, maybe it is during a return window, with the OP wondering is this a sign of faulty model that will have a list of issues that will be discovered later on.

Op, do you have DP cable to test to see if all is ok for what "matter" to you, now and reasonably possible in the future ? (like what happen if you need to plug 2 hdmi device in one, to test that)

Last edited:
My first reflex, but then I wondered pretty new monitor model, maybe it is during a return window, with the OP wondering is this a sign of faulty model that will have a list of issues that will be discovered later on.

Op, do you have DP cable to test to see if all is ok for what "matter" to you, now and reasonably possible in the future ? (like what happen if you need to plug 2 hdmi device in one, to test that)
No i dont own a dp cable sadly.
Since the "problem" is the same on both monitors do you then mean it could be the model number it self on both ?

If the same hdmi port is used on both monitors and i set one of em to be 1.1, then both monitors works fine, but as soon i set it to 1.2, then the current monitor with 1.2 turns black and shows a cable with a red X warning.
While the other monitor stays on and working with the 1.2. This happens on both monitors aswell.

Still i dont know why, since again im using hdmi. So why does this DP option disable one of the monitors.

As soon i install the hdmi in number 1 and number 2 port then i can run 1.2 dp on em both working fine.
makes no sence at all.

Still i dont know why, since again im using hdmi. So why does this DP option disable one of the monitors.
As mentionned turning on DP 1.2 could turn on freesync on the monitor, could be a clue ?

The manual seem to indicate that setting DP in 1.1 disable FreeSync, maybe it does it for all ports and can change somestuff
This could be one reason..that you cant run freesynch on 2 same hdmi ports...but this could also be a model defects

This could be one reason..that you cant run freesynch on 2 same hdmi ports...but this could also be a model defects
Hmm sounds like it. I will contact samsung about this issue.
For now it works if i use different hdmi ports. But what would people with 3 of these monitor do ?

No, I mean you just can't run Freesync on two monitors connected to the same PC. So when you're turning the DP to 1.2, this turns on Freesync on both monitors, thus creating the conflict. This is the most likely solution.

Does your monitor have an option to turn Freesync off, independent of the DP setting?

Considering the OP does not need DP 1.2 (or DP at all), I would simply set it to 1.1 on one of the monitor and see if all HDMI ports on both monitor work in that case ?
He seems determined to figure out if the monitors are at all defective. I think he's already determined that both monitors work if one is on 1.1 and the other on 1.2.

If Freesync can manually be disabled on one monitor, they both might be able to run on 1.2, which might set the OP at ease.

It seems like its Freesynch related and the reason why 1.1 and 1.2 was changing the outcome, was because as mention 1.1 dp disables freesynch.
Where dp1.2 enables it...So that explains it.

Cuz i tryed to disable freesynch on one of the monitors while they both where connected in hdmi port 1.
Thx for clearing it out :D

If i may ask another question while i got you all in here ?!

I know my monitors isent high end gaming monitors but im waiting on a OLED from asus.
But i noticed that both monitors has the same picture settings and yet there is difference in the colours.
One of the monitors has a cooler blue to it while the other has a more warm red colur to it.

I tryed to adjust the gamma and colours and different modes, but i could not not hit the exact same colour contrat..is this normal on 2 same models ?

It seems like its Freesynch related and the reason why 1.1 and 1.2 was changing the outcome, was because as mention 1.1 dp disables freesynch.
Where dp1.2 enables it...So that explains it.

Cuz i tryed to disable freesynch on one of the monitors while they both where connected in hdmi port 1.
Thx for clearing it out :D

If i may ask another question while i got you all in here ?!

I know my monitors isent high end gaming monitors but im waiting on a OLED from asus.
But i noticed that both monitors has the same picture settings and yet there is difference in the colours.
One of the monitors has a cooler blue to it while the other has a more warm red colur to it.

I tryed to adjust the gamma and colours and different modes, but i could not not hit the exact same colour contrat..is this normal on 2 same models ?
Glad you figured it out!

Regarding the color discrepancy.. That's totally normal, and even if you had a calibration tool, you could still end up with subtle differences (Trust me, I have two of the same monitor and they are both calibrated).

It is a good idea to get a calibration tool, especially if you're unable to get them to match on your own. You may still need to tweak the settings after calibration, as I have, to get them to visually match, but it is a lot easier to do that from a calibrated state. ColorChecker Display or Spyder X Pro are two good options in the $130-170 range.

Back