2 Monitors on a Geforce GTX 570

danike

n00b
I recently bought a monoprice 27 ips-zero-g 1440p monitor. It works great. I tried plugging in my old ASUS 1080p monitor in the second DVI slot to use two monitors at once. Everytime I plug it in, my main display goes black. It does not turn off or say "no display" it simply turns black. Furthermore, if I try plugging my Monoprice or my Asus back in to EITHER DVI, it does not return a display. I've tried using a dvi-d single with the asus and a dvi-i dual. Neither work. My Monoprice is hooked up with a dvi-d dual. I don't have two dvi-d dual cords to test that.

I have also gone into windows options and turned my Monoprice down to 1080p instead of 1440p just incase that was the issue. Still happens. I tried looking through Nvidia Control Panel but there is no options that look like it would "turn on" multiple displays.

I feel this issue has to be related to either DVI-D Dual + any other cord = 1 display

My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit with all updates. My Geforce drivers are fully updated. My bios settings are set at "Use discrete graphics" instead of onboard.

I have a Gainward GTX570, and an ASUS GTX570, both work with both DVI ports driving different monitors.

Your card might be broken :(

Yes, I have concluded that my card is indeed unable to utilize both dvi ports at the same time. I finally got two displays to work with my rig by plugging the second DVI cord into the onboard mb slot and using the intel hd 3000 graphics. I had to turn the feature on in the bios. It works. Sucks about my video card tho

Did you try disabling the laptop display too? I think that card can only handle 2 screens at once.

Back