2 monitors more stessful on video card?

IntelOwnz

Gawd
Looking to run video game on one monitor, and IM/email app on the second, but is this straining my video card much more than it would with just 1 monitor?

I don't think you will notice enough of a difference. Provided you are just doing web/apps on the other display. If you game on two screens, i.e supreme commander that does tax the card a bit more. I noticed temps went up, and I had to turn down a couple of settings.

didn't think so, my 8300gs is already taxed enough but I'll be upgrading very soon so I'll have a little extra juice and was wondering how much this would effect me. i was able to get my hand on an extra 19" dell monitor same size and model as the one i have and im getting tired of alt+tabbing out

didn't think so, my 8300gs is already taxed enough but I'll be upgrading very soon so I'll have a little extra juice and was wondering how much this would effect me. i was able to get my hand on an extra 19" dell monitor same size and model as the one i have and im getting tired of alt+tabbing out

One you move to dual screens I doubt you will ever go back. Although you might get the bug and go for a third.

It's worth it to pick up Ultramon, It makes life better...

You will still have to alt-tab out unless the game runs in a windowed mode.

you can't run it Full screen mode on one monitor? I'm guessing it will stretch over onto the second huh? Maybe I'll have to play around a bit and see if i like it. I want the 2 monitors to run independent of each other pretty much, other then the mouse and keyboard

It will run on your primary screen, and the other screen will go black or stay the same background. You can't use the second monitor while gaming unless you have some software that allows you to.

I keep a browser open on my second screen while fullscreen gaming on my first. In order to move the mouse over the second monitor you have to alt-tab out of the game. Solution would be to just run the game in a window if you really need to multitask like that.... Normally I just put everything else on hold while gaming, don't want/need distractions.

Run the game in windowed mode full scren maximized and then get a program called Windows Mouse Capture to lock it into place and unlock it when you want to go to the other screen.

I run dual 22"s and I just run my games at the max res (1680 x 1050) in windowed mode. It puts the game on the left monitor and then I can keep firefox and other stuff up on the right monitor and not need to tab out. It only becomes a problem when you want to use the mouse to scroll around a map in an RTS because you don't hit the edge of the map to scroll... but it works fine otherwise.

[L]imey;1033759036 said:
I run dual 22"s and I just run my games at the max res (1680 x 1050) in windowed mode. It puts the game on the left monitor and then I can keep firefox and other stuff up on the right monitor and not need to tab out. It only becomes a problem when you want to use the mouse to scroll around a map in an RTS because you don't hit the edge of the map to scroll... but it works fine otherwise.

http://veeteesoftware.blogspot.com/search?q=wmc

You will love it ;)

For clarification, it works on ALL games/applications. You just specify which window you want to lock into and it works like a charm ;)

Back