• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2 modules vs. 4 modules

CommieX

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
12
I currently have 4 modules of 512MB DDR400 Corsair Valueselect memory in my computer, running with my socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and nForce 4 chipset. The command rate is currently set to 2T and the modules are running at DDR400 speeds. Please help me with my dilemna: should I take out 1 or 2 modules or should I leave all 4 in? Which would give me greater performance, namely in games?
 
I don't think the 2T trade-off is greater than the benefit of 2GB of ram. If you play BF2 and other similar games, the extra ram really helps.
 
The 2T trade off is WELL worth it. BF2 will show this more so than any other game so far in my experience, timings show virtually no difference, but 1gb vs. 2gb is a huge difference in map load/64 player maps/exiting the game.
 
Back
Top