2 laptops wireless way to share files using wifi or BT?

CyByte

Gawd
A friend and I like going places to discuss business and share books etc for a business we're thinking of going into. Problem is that without the coffee shop there is no internet access.

Is there a way to set up file sharing like on a wireless network using our wireless cards or out built in blue tooth that we both have? We have been using the flash drives but those are slow and cumbersome for shaving small txt files and spreadsheets.

BT uses more battery then wifi I think so whichever would be the most battery friendly way would be great but I'm open for either option.

You can connect them in Ad-hoc mode. Look at the instructions for your particular wireless adapter to find out how but it's just as easy as connecting to a regular network.

ok i will check for the ad-hoc. Do you know if this can be set up between mac and pc? Otherwise I have windows xp on my macbook so that should work out just fine.

is there an easy to follow tutorial? because I look around and the only things I find are greyed out on the macbook running xp pro and the dell laptop running xp pro.

ok I figured out how to do ad-hoc xp pc to xp mac and that works just fine both ways.

I just found out he doesn't use BT for anything so going BT to BT might be easier then using the wifi since we don't need to change settings and leave the pc's set up for connecting to wifi spots for home and coffee shops.

I'll make a new thread about that. thanks for your help

Back