2 HD cooling question

clone#13

Limp Gawd
hi all, just want to ask if the setup I have is ok or can cause future problems. I got 2 HD, western digitals, a 20G and an 80G, that are mounted on the case one ontop of the other....not touching, but very little space between them. It is the layout of my case that I can't do much with it. I am just wondering if this setup will damage the drives? do need to spend money and get a new case to have better air flow? any advice would be appriciated

It shouldn't cause a problem. The only possible problem that arises from adjacent drives is heat, but I dont think that should be too much of a concern for you as you only have a 20 and 80gB drive, neither of which I dont think gets too hot.

I had 4x120gB sandwiched right up against one another (NO room in between them) in a drive cage with two front fans to keep them cool. No problems to speak of to this date (over a year and a half)

thanks HiTech, yeah I thought so too, it is just that I hate to see drives so close together, always get the feeling something will go wrong. The case will be changed in the near future, just didn't want to spend the cash now :D

Back