2 Hard Drives not showing up properly

WhatTheSchmidt

Limp Gawd
I have 4 total drives.

OS on SSD 120GB Crucial

466GB external sata for storage

2 466GB Samsung F3s that are not showing up properly - I don't care about the data on them I just want to format them and be able to use them.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (seems like a useless program) shows all of my drives, and the fact that those 2 internal ones are 466GB.

Windows Storage manager and Acronis show me the 2 working disks fine, then a 370GB unallocated disk and also a 190GB uninitialized disk (which when I tried to initialize it didn't do anything).

The disks were used in raid 0/1 together I can't remember what size partitions but I don't need them for that anymore and want to bring them to one big partition now.

How can I get them to show up properly and format them!?

Thanks

If they were in a RAID previously, did you remove them from the RAID or just disconnect them? They may have stale metadata on them. RST will still show them as RAIDed until you remove them using RST.

Then clean them with diskpart if using Win or dd clean them if using Linux/BSD. Be careful doing this, make sure to select the correct disk.

usage is unknown on the drives

yes they were raided and likely just disconnected and not removed from raid

RST doesn't seem to let me do anything just look at the disks

oCaoD37.jpg

How can I go about removing the raid config so I can format and have normal drives again?

I tried doing a quick format with the hdd low level format tool, which said it gets rid of meta data. For both of the partitions I could use it on which said raid - they were the correct disks it got stuck at 1% right away and seems like it did nothing.

I will be trying DBAN next. After that maybe boot a linux cd to try to format the disk..........

Back