2 Flat panels and 6800 GT spanning question

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
1,701
Does the nvidia drivers do spanning between both displays? I dont' mean stretching the desktop I mean cranking up the resolution that it spans across both displays? I remember nv used to do this in the older driver revs but do they do it in the new ones? My 2nd 2001fp is coming tomorow and I wanted to know if I am giong to have to stretch the display with ultramon or can I use the drivers. Like having the clock and system tray all the way to the far right. Ultramon can't do this. Thanks.
 
Yeah, you can do that using the Driver. I used to do mine that way, but now I have them separated and I just have my quick launch bar on my second monitor. Just go into the vNeiw settings and change it to Horizontal Span, and it Will do what you want.
 
Quick note for you. You can span easily, but running 3D graphics across the seam doesn't work well.

i.e. With RTHDRIBL, I get about 50 fps at 1006X720 mode, on one monitor. But if I put it so the window is spanning two monitors, my fps drops to around 5.
 
Back
Top