• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 different BFG Geforce 6800 GT?

swy81

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
45
I was looking online and noticed that BFG has 2 different Geforce 6800 GT OC.

The Geforce 6800 GT OC I have looks like this:
bfg6800gt_oc_big.jpg


However, I was looking online and there is another BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC that looks like this:
small_card_front.JPG


What's the difference??? They're both BFG Geforce 6800 GT 256MB OC. ??????? :confused: :confused:
 
the only difference i believe is that one of the cards comes with dual DVI outputs and the other one comes with one DVI and one analog
 
They went with the top, and I believe worse hsf design after the initial release of the 6800's. I remember hearing that the refrence cooler (bottom) was better. I could be wrong though.
 
I have the top one (blue PCB and two fans). And yes, I can attest that the cooling on the top one is terrible. I broke down and slapped a nv5 silencer on it and made it all better.
 
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the one on the bottom that's currently being sold? That's what I saw at my local microcenter.
 
aingeal said:
the only difference i believe is that one of the cards comes with dual DVI outputs and the other one comes with one DVI and one analog

Uh, no. The only difference is that the second one uses the reference cooler, while the first uses a special cooler and different color pcb. They are identical otherwise.
 
RLich8 said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the one on the bottom that's currently being sold? That's what I saw at my local microcenter.

the top one is what I usually see for AGP models. The newest PCIe models have an entirely different cooler.
 
all they are is different coolers. the top is BFG's own designed hsf, the bottom is the stock/reference cooler. theres really no difference between them imo. i had BFG's hsf on my old card and i got the same temps as the ppl with the stock/reference coolers.
 
I have the card on the top, I never had any problems with cooling, but then again I don't have that HSF on the card anymore. I've seen a couple BFG cards with yet another heatsink that resembles the one ATI uses on the X800Pro and the one Asus use's on thier 6800 series cards.
 
Back
Top