2 decent suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorKaos64

[H]ard|Gawd
1) It would be AMAZINGLY awesome of [H] to allow us to only receive email notificaions if someone replies to our post on a thread and not the entire* thread. Not sure if this is possible within the OP's control or not. I sort of loathe getting 15 emails on one thread, or having to remember to cancel a sub to a thread.

2) Any reason why we cannot edit our thread posts on the front page stories yet I can edit my post in almost ( I think) any form here? Any reason in particular?

Thanks guys, keep up the great work! :D

I haven't beem a forum member for long, but I've been reading the forums and main site for years, I'd imagine the main reason for your second thing is that since it's the Front Page News and it's on the main site, I think all stories have links to the story's forum discussion thread, they want to encourage people to think about what they are posting before they click the Post button, so there's no edit feature there to encourage just that.

Just my take.

I haven't beem a forum member for long, but I've been reading the forums and main site for years, I'd imagine the main reason for your second thing is that since it's the Front Page News and it's on the main site, I think all stories have links to the story's forum discussion thread, they want to encourage people to think about what they are posting before they click the Post button, so there's no edit feature there to encourage just that.

Just my take.

That's pretty much it, basically don't act like an ass in a FPN post, or it will be there for the world to see. (and a great way to get banned).

That's pretty much it, basically don't act like an ass in a FPN post, or it will be there for the world to see. (and a great way to get banned).

No kidding, even with the edit rule FPN is pretty much the least friendly subforum on [H]. Imagine what it'd be like without it!

1) It would be AMAZINGLY awesome of [H] to allow us to only receive email notificaions if someone replies to our post on a thread and not the entire* thread. Not sure if this is possible within the OP's control or not. I sort of loathe getting 15 emails on one thread, or having to remember to cancel a sub to a thread.

2) Any reason why we cannot edit our thread posts on the front page stories yet I can edit my post in almost ( I think) any form here? Any reason in particular?

Thanks guys, keep up the great work! :D

1. This is vBulletin function. You could hit VB forums and ask for it. We are not going to hack that.

2. Yes there are two reasons because threads on those pages are linked directly to our news page. First, we want to make sure YOU ARE SURE of what you are posting. Secondly, we do not want people going back and changing statements after they have been made. We had issue with that. So the gist of it is, if you are going to spout off in that forum, be damn well sure of what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back