2 Computers and Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1

ripken204

[H]ard|Gawd
I have two computers and a set of klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 speakers.
What I would like to know is if there is a proper way of connecting both of them up to the speakers in 5.1 channels.

I have seen some suggest Y-adapters but then I have also read about the negatives for doing so.

I have also seen the line in method but that will only work for stereo.

And I have not seen any 5.1 connection boxes for splitting it.
But I would like to be able to play both computers at once if possible, switching can get a bit annoying.

Only way to do what you want is a bunch of 3.5mm splitters and extension cables. Hit up monoprice.com and knock yourself out. ;)

Why you want both systems playing back at the same time I have no idea...

well as i said, there are negatives for the y adapters/splitters that i do not want.
and i dont necessarily want both playing at the same time, it would just be nice to not have to flip a switch to change them, but it doesnt really matter.

You are trying to do something very unorthodox, therefore you will have to deal with some downsides. AFAIK, they don't make a "switcher box" for what you want to do. 3.5mm adapters are your only bet.

...or get another set of speakers...

hehe, yes, but it doesn't have to be component, audio will work with all of the connections on it.
quite a few people are using this and it works for them.

Do both systems have to be 5.1?

Does your control pod have an accessory input?

You could go with a male 3.5mm to 3.5mm on the system that doesn't need surround sound.

i would like surround on both, but i already ordered that part for $10 on ebay.

Back