2 Computers 1 Case

HelioX

Gawd
Hi,

I am trying to find a case that can house 2 separate machines. I'd like to build a FreeNAS/HTPC combo. I have seen the case from Thermaltake, but cannot find anything like it. Any suggestions? Any combination of ATX, ITX or mATX is fine, I'll build around it.

Would like room for 6 hard drives, rest is gravy!

I know theres one hiding in the Lian Li V series, and then theres always the mountain mods UFO.

BTW: its not peanut butter.

Here. http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=product_info&cPath=103_204&products_id=20821

Also can try this!!!
2lego1.jpg

Email or post in the DD forums. They are more than flexible in their designs.
They have several smaller panel designs that I am sure could be cut into the panel of a larger case. Plus they look really slick in person, I know a clan mate with one, and see them at lans frequently.

Acrylic is for 13 year olds. :-(.

Think I will go Mountain Mod, or the Lian Li.

Why/When would a home user ever need 4..... Wouldnt it be just easier to use a VM and a more powerful dual proc?

Why/When would a home user ever need 4..... Wouldnt it be just easier to use a VM and a more powerful dual proc?

Well - who says you need to use weak CPUs on those four boards? You can get mini-ITX with socket 1156, and stuff an i7 on each ...
(As for why you'd want that, well - I'm sure the F@H people have considered it, or perhaps done it.)

I've put two mATX boards into a NeXT cube. Right now I'm working on putting two uITX boards (one server, one HTPC) and RAID 5 array into a drawer in my entertainment center (worklog to come soon). There are very few ready to go options, you'll probably have to build your own.

I've got an old full size tower that's so darn big, that I could easily mod it to accept a mini-ITX above where the full size ATX motherboard sits. My only problem would be modding the 2nd PSU in there. :rolleyes:

I've got an old full size tower that's so darn big, that I could easily mod it to accept a mini-ITX above where the full size ATX motherboard sits. My only problem would be modding the 2nd PSU in there. :rolleyes:
How about wiring the PSU in the case to be controlled by a physical switch (or to be permanently one) and then feeding it's outputs to a couple of PICOPSUs to provide controlled power for the motherboards/drives?

Back