• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2 Channel Reciever?

I

infiniti029

Guest
I have a pair of old bookshelf speakers in my basement and I was thinking of hooking them up to my computer. The connections on them are only the red/black wire, not the kind u plug in.

Can anyone recommend me a budget solution to hook these up to my computer? I'm pretty sure the only way to get these to work is to connect them to a reciever, but the price of most of them is too high to be worth it. Suggestions?
 
I seen this in the for sale section------->
HPIM1013.JPG

I bet you could pick it up for around 80$. ;)
 
that is a pretty nice reciever as well. my dad has an old marantz amp/reciever. this is probably 25 years old, and while it may not have all the bells and whistles of newer amps, it is solid and much better quality than most stuff you can get today. plus it looks stylish ;).
 
what's the diff between a reciever and an amp?

i'd like to have something small, be able to connect it to my pc, and my bookshelf speakers. cuz i dont have that much room in my dorm. wut if i were to use something like a small headphone amp? :)
 
Back
Top